Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
    With respect mate that's total nonsense
    Absolutely. Dunney was a great defender no doubt, but carry Ned? There was absolutely none of that and I'd say Onuoha's pace got Dunney out of a few difficult situations as well. Both players helped each other improve as a player, no one carried anyone else and that remains the same now with Ned and Hall.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

a centre half is taught never let the ball bounce , ned ignores this a lot of the time and gets in trouble , he can't read a game and gets in poor positions ( time after time he doesn't get goal side of his marker) . can't fault him for effort but he's one of those players that would rather not have the ball , looks massively awkward with it , take hall his biggest asset is his composure , yes he makes the odd mistake but when he sees danger he just outs it ..... ned is a mistake waiting to happen and no capitano .

Comment

No player wants to head a ball coming down from a great height, you do not have 100% control. Are we saying it only happens at QPR?

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
          No player wants to head a ball coming down from a great height, you do not have 100% control. Are we saying it only happens at QPR?
          if u can't or won't head a ball coming from a great height u shouldn't be playing football

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
            a centre half is taught never let the ball bounce , ned ignores this a lot of the time and gets in trouble , he can't read a game and gets in poor positions ( time after time he doesn't get goal side of his marker) . can't fault him for effort but he's one of those players that would rather not have the ball , looks massively awkward with it , take hall his biggest asset is his composure , yes he makes the odd mistake but when he sees danger he just outs it ..... ned is a mistake waiting to happen and no capitano .
            I agree with the first part, he definitely shouldn't be letting it bounce and that's my biggest criticism of him. But on the ball? The guy loves running with it, he did it a few times yesterday and regularly does it. It's a huge outlet for us when he runs past a few players and gets into the opposition half. He may not be the best passer, but he's got pace in abundance and good control of the ball. Hall's biggest asset isn't his composure but his positioning.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Thought he was solid yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                I agree with the first part, he definitely shouldn't be letting it bounce and that's my biggest criticism of him. But on the ball? The guy loves running with it, he did it a few times yesterday and regularly does it. It's a huge outlet for us when he runs past a few players and gets into the opposition half. He may not be the best passer, but he's got pace in abundance and good control of the ball. Hall's biggest asset isn't his composure but his positioning.
                that's your opinion nas, where's the end product when ned runs with the ball , what i was getting at is when he's got the ball and the forward is on him he get's flustered , hence the mistakes .( positioning) if hall doesn't know where he should be now he'll never know , composure comes with self belief with the ball and hall has shown that this season

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                  if u can't or won't head a ball coming from a great height u shouldn't be playing football
                  Strange that when it happens, the other player doesn't go for it either

Comment

I think Ned is ok. But some one ruthless would say he's just a average player for a average

Personally if someone offered 3 mill like Norwich did last year I'd say thank you for your service and go and reinvest else where.

Ned is ok for the championship but if we have aspirations of love to see a better quality CB alongside hall.

Comment

I've been a huge fan of Ned over the years. Considering the dross we've signed. But there is a point where you have to question how much we're paying him and how well he is performing. He came in on a wedge, during the Hughes era. So for arguments sake I'd have said he'd been put on 50-60k when he joined. Then he resigned a 2 year extension recently. I highly doubt he would've dropped down to the level of the rest of the squad (bar those not at the club/not playing).

I think he struggles when he has to lead. he's better covering for a Hill or Dunne type who will order him about. Personally I'd sell if we got any sort of bid. He's not got a good enough footballing brain.
                      Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                      Lovejoy: "No?!"
                      Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                        With respect mate that's total nonsense
                        How disrespectful

Comment

He's exceptionally average.

But he isn't called 'nervous ned' for nothing.

Comment

I stand by the opinion that Dunney organised and made him look better than he is. His distrubtion is dreadful at best and he just cannot lead that back four. If we are going down the youthful and lower earners route then him along with Phillips need to be moved on.

Comment

In my opinion if we have aspirations of promotion next season then we need to bring in 2 maybe 3 defenders.

I think we need a recognised right back and at least 1 new centre half.

Need isn't the worst signing we ever made and wears his heart on his sleeve I just scratch my head at times at how high,y some rate him, but then it's all about opinions.

Comment

He was good when we were promoted 2 years ago but a bit indifferent since. Basic defending like not letting the ball bounce is all too regular now and his distribution has never been the best. Good servant but think a good commanding lad next to Hall could be the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X