"The Chief"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Chief"

I will openly admit I haven't been to many games this season... Due to one reason or another.
    I have seen ned play very well...

However I was at Cardiff last week and again today .

What is up with him .. Spends more time whinging at the lino & referee than watching the ball/players in front of him..

1st half I saw him the attacker run from behind him, and rather than go for the ball or attempt to jockey the player away from goal stand with his arm in air and screams.

This happened time and time again at Cardiff last week ...

Why is he more interested in the referees performance than his own... When I was 10 I was told play to the whistle ... Has than changed now !!!

also ..how many times does he let the ball bounce and ends up being caught out!

Comment

Thought he was fine today personally?
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
        Thought he was fine today personally?
        One of our better players all game. People complain when he's showing a bit of passion but then complain that he's supposedly a "quiet captain"
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          One of our better players all game. People complain when he's showing a bit of passion but then complain that he's supposedly a "quiet captain"
          Odd isn't it

Comment

Wow ... What game was I watching ...
            I thought I saw him not deal with and let constant balls bounce, which put us hugely on the back foot..

I thought I saw him Stand and watched the ball go past him onto the player who scored ... Must have been at a different game

A bit of passion is complaining constantly at the Lino and referee is it .. Why can't he look in the mirror and /or encourage the team !!!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
              Odd isn't it
              Three certainties in life: Death, Taxes and QPR fans criticising players for any reason.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Tbh if I were General Custer and Ned turfed up at The Little Big Horn, I'd fancy my chances.....

Comment

Originally posted by PompeyRanger View Post
                  Wow ... What game was I watching ...
                  I thought I saw him not deal with and let constant balls bounce, which put us hugely on the back foot..

I thought I saw him Stand and watched the ball go past him onto the player who scored ... Must have been at a different game

A bit of passion is complaining constantly at the Lino and referee is it .. Why can't he look in the mirror and /or encourage the team !!!
                  Criticising him for the goal now? Please don't be serious mate, the pace of the ball, no way was he getting to it.

As for your first criticism, what I saw was him constantly winning it in the air, constantly intercepting, blocking, actually pushing forward and dribbling past players to force the team forward, generally doing the job a centre back should. He didn't really make mistakes beyond one I think where he should have been stronger off the ball but even then he blocked the resulting shot.

I don't understand your last point... He does all that, I've been witness to it even today.

Comment

I have no issue with him showing passion ..i have issues with him looking like bambi on ice and letting the balls bounce before dealing with it giving the opposition strikers the chance to close him down and put him under pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                      I have no issue with him showing passion ..i have issues with him looking like bambi on ice and letting the balls bounce before dealing with it giving the opposition strikers the chance to close him down and put him under pressure.
                      He does that sometimes and it is worrying, but to his credit he does better with it than I can imagine a lot of players would after the bounce. Don't know why he does it tbf, just get your head on it.

Comment

Pony defender. Always has been. Captain my hole.

Comment

The man was carried as a centre back by Richard Dunne who we miss both as a centre half and a influence on Grant Hall.

Comment

This. Let's have a moan at the ref occasionally. Some of them are bloody awful.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                              The man was carried as a centre back by Richard Dunne who we miss both as a centre half and a influence on Grant Hall.
                              With respect mate that's total nonsense

Comment

Working...
                              X