What i don't understand is..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    Nas, How can a player be rated by a club and yet think.he is lazy? Not many clubs let quality go if they are good players? Ravel Morrison maybe the exception by Fergie at Man Utd.
    Taarabt at QPR, Morrison at QPR, plenty of other cases that I can't get off the top of my head of players who are ludicrously talented and never made it because they lack work ethic. Jet is a good footballer, no one can deny that here. What can be said is that he lacked the work ethic. I actually can't believe that is even disputable but you seem to believe it is.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Taarabt was not slung out of QPR Nas it was because he was a total pain in the #### to all concerned even the season he influenced our championship winning side. The original point was stats dress up Polter to be a better player than he really is. And if you genuinely believe otherwise then not much more to say. Only Onuhua has a worst first touch than said Polter.

Comment

Taarabt was not slung out of QPR Nas it was because he was a total pain in the #### to all concerned even the season he influenced our championship winning side. The original point was stats dress up Polter to be a better player than he really is. And if you genuinely believe otherwise then not much more to say. Only Onuhua has a worst first touch than said Polter.
        The fact of the matter is that you look at the chances he's put away. Polter's scored more, done more for the team, is more of a threat aerially and is certainly extremely fast for his size and for someone even smaller, wins penalties, plays some really great first time passes and while having the most inconsistent first touch I've seen, sometimes being wildly off, sometimes being incredible, he has done more than Conor has and he's shown more to me on the pitch than Conor has, especially in their equivalent first 6 games.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

And do you know why Taarabt was a total pain? He never did anything for the team, only for himself and he never put in the work ethic that others did and they felt he was getting an easy ride into the first team when they should have had the chance because of the effort they put.

Look at the change to Chery, left out to hang until february, then as has been said, he put in the hours on the training pitch, came on as a sub for a few games, got a goal and got into the starting 11 and look at him now.

Comment

But can you compare Reading Yesterday at home against Brighton away? I simply look at the technical side of it and how good is Washington? International scorer on his debut should be given a crack at our club? And if you are basing it on apperances then David Nugent must be one of the Greatest England international Goalscorers England has ever had!

Comment

But can you compare Reading Yesterday at home against Brighton away? I simply look at the technical side of it and how good is Washington? International scorer on his debut should be given a crack at our club? And if you are basing it on apperances then David Nugent must be one of the Greatest England international Goalscorers England has ever had!
              What are you actually on about?

If anything, your point is supporting this david nugent thing you've strangely brought up...

I can compare reading at home yesterday to Bolton Away, MK dons Away where CW started both matches and did sweet FA for 90 minutes.

Also if I'm coming across as hating CW or thinking he's cack, don't take it that way, just can't really believe some of the things I'm reading here.

Comment

Taarabt was doing things he should not have been doing and at stupid hours of the day. He also was a young boy who was seriously misguided and is paying for it now. Chery has done ok since being brought back into the team but not sure he influences the game enough and he and polter have no understandingwhat so ever.

Comment

My point is David Nugent scored on his debut for England in his one and only game but does that stat mean anything?

Comment

My point is David Nugent scored on his debut for England in his one and only game but does that stat mean anything?
                    No it doesn't and that is my damn point. You've just said Washington scored on his debut so clearly is good enough for us. You're actually making no sense mate

Comment

Do you rhen think the style of play is not suitable to CW as clearly not a one man up top kins of striker!

Comment

My point is if he can play in the Euro's then surely he can have a crack with us! Or worse case scenario we have spunked another 3 million up.the wall and are bang in trouble next season.

Comment

Taarabt was doing things he should not have been doing and at stupid hours of the day. He also was a young boy who was seriously misguided and is paying for it now. Chery has done ok since being brought back into the team but not sure he influences the game enough and he and polter have no understandingwhat so ever.
                          6 goals and an assist in 795 minutes since coming back. Is that not enough for you? A goal involvement every 114 minutes? I'd say that's mighty impressive in your debut stop start season.

Taarabt was a spoiled brat who had no work ethic, no desire to be better, thinking he's already made it. He was his own worst enemy, no one else.

Comment

If you want to compare and bring in stats as you seem to love a stat. Compare Taarabt in the free role with Heidur against Polter and Chery!

Comment

If you want to compare and bring in stats as you seem to love a stat. Compare Taarabt in the free role with Heidur against Polter and Chery!
                              What does that even have to do with anything ffs

I'd gladly do it and you'll find that Taarabt with Heidar was probably the better pairing with taarabt assisting 6 helguson goals and helguson assisting 4 taarabt goals but was that ever in question? That was one of the best attacking pairings I've seen in my time as a fan of this club. You do love a random point completely unrelated to the discussion.

Comment

You like to spout your crap about 6 goals in 795 mins and an assist and I asked you if you can compare and if you think that is enough for our free roaming player? Not everyone has to agree with you and your stats

Comment

Working...
                                X