Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What i don't understand is..

if we are supposed to be trying things out for next season why are we

1. Starting with Phillips..we know what he can do but he doesn't want to do it at the moment.
    2. Playing phillips on the left
    3. keeping Polter on until the 85th Min
    4. not giving any game time to Washington. what is the point of bringing him on after 85mins.
    5. Having the Mad Malian on the bench.
    6. Not starting with El kyathi
    7. playing the same old formation and not trying different formations in the game.

all very baffling

Originally posted by 3London View Post

1. Starting with Phillips..we know what he can do but he doesn't want to do it at the moment.
    4. not giving any game time to Washington. what is the point of bringing him on after 85mins.
    7. playing the same old formation and not trying different formations in the game.

all very baffling
    Phillips could still be in the squad next season, but should never be on the left. Agree that Diakite should not be nowhere near the bench. Agree with all the other questions too.

Comment

all very baffling
      Agree with every word mate, I was hoping to see Washington for 90mins , I don't think we learned that much today same old same old for me
      You Rsssssss

Comment

all very baffling
        1. We played two players who are very clearly being tried out for next season. Don't want to oversaturate the squad with new players for fear of confidence.
        2. While he couldn't get as many crosses in, I still thought he did a lot better than many here said he did especially playing on the left.
        3. Polter should have had a couple of goals today but at least was bright all game.
        4. To be honest, even in those 7 minutes he got, he seemed lackadaisical and off the ball (so to speak).
        5. Who would you have put there instead?
        6. Again, we can't go changing too much just yet.
        7. When you are trying to build a structure, you cannot just go and change it all the time. This is the formation we seem prepared to go with, so we should stick to it and mould everyone into it.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

It's a complete mystery. Any dying dog in a ditch could have told you that performance would result from that team selection. But Jimmy picks it. And the same dying dogs in a ditch wouldn't have made those substitutions at those times. Washington with five minutes left? It was unbelievable that Phillips wasn't pulled at HT. Or Poulter. Perplexing selections and tactics. Worrying, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
            It's a complete mystery. Any dying dog in a ditch could have told you that performance would result from that team selection. But Jimmy picks it. And the same dying dogs in a ditch wouldn't have made those substitutions at those times. Washington with five minutes left? It was unbelievable that Phillips wasn't pulled at HT. Or Poulter. Perplexing selections and tactics. Worrying, too.
            this

Comment

I agree that only giving Washington 5 mins could be smashing his confidence.
              Also looks like we have a very decent number 2 keeper.

Comment

Because if we try things out and we lose we the fans boo criticise and moan etc etc. Unfortunately as a fan base were very hard to please and the club act in response to that

Comment

I dont get why Petrasso doesnt get more game time either. Every time he plays he looks excellent.

Comment

The only thing bright about was his head! A truly woeful centre forward and his touch is League 2 level at best. Phillips did absolutely sod all in an attacking sense and he cannot be picked again. Need to give Washington a full game and involve him more as at least he could improve which is something we definitely going to need.

Comment

all very baffling
                      Steady, you'll upset people by asking sensible questions.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                        The only thing bright about was his head! A truly woeful centre forward and his touch is League 2 level at best. Phillips did absolutely sod all in an attacking sense and he cannot be picked again. Need to give Washington a full game and involve him more as at least he could improve which is something we definitely going to need.
                        Sebastian Polter
                        Games: 31 Goals: 7 Goals per game: 0.23

Conor Washington
                        Games: 13 Goals: 0 Goals per game: 0.00

If Conor had the same GPG as Polter, he'd have 3 goals by now. (2.99 to be precise)

He may well improve, but right now Conor is worse than Seb.
                        You support QPR?!?!

– Every Australian Ever

Comment

Originally posted by Brisbane View Post
                          Sebastian Polter
                          Games: 31 Goals: 7 Goals per game: 0.23

Conor Washington
                          Games: 13 Goals: 0 Goals per game: 0.00

If Conor had the same GPG as Polter, he'd have 3 goals by now. (2.99 to be precise)

He may well improve, but right now Conor is worse than Seb.
                          Are you counting Washingtons 5 min/ 4 min appearances? If so pretty pointless stats

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                            Are you counting Washingtons 5 min/ 4 min appearances? If so pretty pointless stats
                            Here, let me interject.

Seb Polter
                            Minutes: 1677 goals: 7 Minutes Per goal: 239.6

Conor Washington
                            Minutes: 591 Goals: 0 Minutes Per goal: NA

If Conor had the same Minutes Per goal ratio of polter, he'd only have 2-3 goals (2.47). Still exactly the same, arguably worse for Conor.

Ultimately as a striker, Polter is rightly above him in the pecking order, as a left winger, Hoilett and frankly Nasser are ahead of him, both Influence the game a lot more.

I like CW, want him to succeed, but he's had 6 starts already and made 7 sub appearances. Seb's first 6 starts in the league, he bagged 4 goals and an assist. Add the 7 sub appearances and you have another goal. Ultimately, Washington hasn't taken his chances. Hope he does soon or it could go south for him with fans. We've already seen one sell thread, we don't need more.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Worrying signs for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X