At game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3London View Post
    Come on Nas ..Phillips had an Absolute shocker! un interested all game. And Polter had a couple of good moments but overall was pretty poor .
    Polter hassles as he normally does but has the same consistent criticism that I give him and Washington, both of them when played up front try and do everything defensively and try to get involved in the build up play, they end up leaving their finishing duties as secondary. When he got a great chance, he fluffed his lines and we cannot afford that. He needs to be more selfish, think less about doing all the work from the front and instead focus on positional play and scoring.

Phillips had a decent game and I'm gonna be swayed on that. I swear, I've never seen anyone abused as much as he was for as little reason. He made a few key blocks from up front and I think it's clear he's not the most interested but that hasn't stopped him. I think there's a theory worth looking into, something about when you want to believe something about a player, you'll notice every single case of it and focus on that only, no matter how minimal the situations are. Definitely something I noticed with him. One moment he took a shot from distance at least trying to do something attacking and it went well wide but the boos chorused like I've not seen for an individual in ages.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      Polter hassles as he normally does but has the same consistent criticism that I give him and Washington, both of them when played up front try and do everything defensively and try to get involved in the build up play, they end up leaving their finishing duties as secondary. When he got a great chance, he fluffed his lines and we cannot afford that. He needs to be more selfish, think less about doing all the work from the front and instead focus on positional play and scoring.

Phillips had a decent game and I'm gonna be swayed on that. I swear, I've never seen anyone abused as much as he was for as little reason. He made a few key blocks from up front and I think it's clear he's not the most interested but that hasn't stopped him. I think there's a theory worth looking into, something about when you want to believe something about a player, you'll notice every single case of it and focus on that only, no matter how minimal the situations are. Definitely something I noticed with him. One moment he took a shot from distance at least trying to do something attacking and it went well wide but the boos chorused like I've not seen for an individual in ages.
      And especially if wearing rose tinted spectacles.

Comment

Nas i sit very close to you and you need to spend less time looking at your phone and more time watching the Game if you think Phillips had a decent game today!

Comment

One moment he took a shot from distance at least trying to do something attacking and it went well wide but the boos chorused like I've not seen for an individual in ages.
          You obviously don't remember Tozers efforts from earlier in the season then

Phillips has plenty of ability (we've seen it) and should have roasted the championship this season, instead of that he has just coasted through umpteen games with little or no effort - thats what fans don't appreciate
          Last edited by HertsHoops; 23-04-2016, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Phillips couldn't even pass wind today
            You Rsssssss

Comment

Nas i sit very close to you and you need to spend less time looking at your phone and more time watching the Game if you think Phillips had a decent game today!
              Haha mate on the phone to check up my standard numbers as you know. In any case, saw enough to know that Phillips was definitely much better than people give him credit for.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by HertsHoops View Post
                You obviously don't remember Tozers efforts from earlier in the season then
                I don't think even they were as bad as this mate.

Comment

Haha mate on the phone to check up my standard numbers as you know. In any case, saw enough to know that Phillips was definitely much better than people give him credit for.
                  We all know that on his Day Phillips should be tearing up this division both in terms of goals and assists but i think the problem most who criticise him have is those games are few and far between especially in the 2nd half of the season. Today he really didm't look bothered!

Comment

Or maybe when you notice it so often, you start to believe it.

Comment

We all know that on his Day Phillips should be tearing up this division both in terms of goals and assists but i think the problem most who criticise him have is those games are few and far between especially in the 2nd half of the season. Today he really didm't look bothered!
                      The one time the big plank actually, amazingly tracked back he fell over and gave the full back a clear run on goal. A woeful player. ue totally deserved to be cheered off the pitch.

Comment

For what it is worth I thought the game was as poor as I've seen for a while. No plan, no fight, no idea and no hope. We need to shift a lot of players in July and August. I'm afraid our attack looks less frightening than Phil Mitchell after a whisky or 4.

The only positives for me were the keeper who made one terrific save and the youngster Cole. Gladwin was dire, the BFG should be renamed TOE (touch of an elephant)

It was more exciting watching the stewards trying to sort out a skirmish between some fat royal and some one in the Ellerslie, something that should have been dealt with in 2 minutes took half the match

Nice to see big Frankie Mc
                        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

At least Gladwin was trying,more than I can say for Philips!! As for Nedum,jeez!,he needs to try and play like a centre back if he's put in that position!
                          I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

Petrasso was excellent when he came on, beating his man and actually running. For anyone who sticks up for Phillips, watch Petrasso's 10 minutes and thats how a winger should play. Plus I thought Perch looked good coming forward today. Chery was rather useless as was Polter. Hall played ok but the time out injured really broke his rhythm as he was excellent before then. I want to see Reading's goal again as thought at the time Ingram maybe could have been in a better position.

Comment

Originally posted by andythefish View Post
                              At least Gladwin was trying,more than I can say for Philips!! As for Nedum,jeez!,he needs to try and play like a centre back if he's put in that position!
                              Agree he was trying but he just isn't any good, well not Championship quality imo
                              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                                Agree he was trying but he just isn't any good, well not Championship quality imo
                                I think that is the case with a few of our players and I feel we will have to wait for them to improve as I cant see us spending big this summer. More League One signings and building a team over time. A striker is desperately needed though as we would win a lot more games if we had a better forward and then could bring on tricky polter to snatch winners.

Comment

Working...
                                X