How much do we miss Joey Barton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigray View Post
    He was the leader on the pitch that we needed.
    Where's the leader now...do we have one?
    JB is leading Burnley back to the Premiership.
    Ned, Faurlin Both big big leaders on the pitch if you actually watch them, always making sure players are doing what they're supposed to and no one tries as much as them to get the ball forward.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
      so u don't like him then nas ?
      Did you infer that from my post? I love the guy
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Joey talked a good game and was excellent at giving the impression of being dedicated, but in reality he didn't produce or contribute much. He was a great character to have around because of the drama the he brought with him. I think playing for Burnley, a better side, he probably get's away with much more and when you're riding high it's easy to look good when there are other players around to carry you.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
          Joey talked a good game and was excellent at giving the impression of being dedicated, but in reality he didn't produce or contribute much. He was a great character to have around because of the drama the he brought with him. I think playing for Burnley, a better side, he probably get's away with much more and when you're riding high it's easy to look good when there are other players around to carry you.
          Exactly, he's being carried to success by a really good championship squad. Got a great defence behind him and a fantastic striker in Andre Gray.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post

Got to be honest lads, I think way more often than not this season he has been the one who has carried those around him. Hes not quite the sole reason we may well go up, but I dare say we would not be anywhere near the position we are without him. Been amazing for us.

Probably between him, Gray and Ben Mee as our most influential player this season.
            Last edited by Sean Moffitt; 24-04-2016, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Moffitt View Post
              Got to be honest lads, I think way more often than not this season he has been the one who has carried those around him. Hes not quite the sole reason we may well go up, but I dare say we would not be anywhere near the position we are without him. Been amazing for us.

Probably between him, Gray and Ben Mee as our most influential player this season.
              Thanks. Man without an agenda.

Comment

The bloke has a few issues 100% and I genuinely understand the mutual parting this summer. However it would be a lie to say we haven't missed him as we didn't replace him properly.

He would of added some bite in the middle of the park and would of been a proper general of the team. I think at championship level he's proven quality 100% hence being a consistent performer in 2 different teams who have gone on to achieve promotion out of this league and potentially another 1 this year in Burnley.

Barton would of walked into our first 11 this year all day and personally if he had stayed we would of had a few more points on the board. As said in the beginning of this post I do understand his departure from the club on both parts, but to answer the op then it's a resounding 'YES' as he hasn't been replaced adequately enough.

To me it's a bit like asking do we miss Charlie Austin. Of course we do but we all understand why he left and unfortunately we have to move on.
                Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 25-04-2016, 11:46 AM.

Comment

miss him yes, but not as much as a big brute at centre back to command the back four. With Smithies, Hall and Robinson, we are nearly there
                  I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                  This morning's tempest I have to cross
                  I must be guided without a stumble
                  Into the arms I love the most

Comment

A partnership of Barton and Faurlin would have been a lot more dominating than any of the partnerships in the CM we've had this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      A partnership of Barton and Faurlin would have been a lot more dominating than any of the partnerships in the CM we've had this season.

100% with out doubt this!!

Comment

Still miss Derry more

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                          Not sure how many times it has to be said. He wanted out, we wanted to move him on. He was NEVER going to stay!!

Very good player at this level but can also be a liability. Nowhere near as good as he thinks he is or as good as some remember him, I certainly don't miss his pathetic corners or attempted 60 yard passes going off the pitch.
                          spot on. Rarely created anything so cant see he would have been much difference to what we had.

Dont get me wrong, done alright for us, but people seem to remember him as if he was the best plyer in the league. no where near the class he likes to make out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
                            Just wondered?
                            I would say over 50% wanted him gone, purely because of his outrageous wages.

Wages aside he was a good footballer for QPR IMO, however he had far too many issues with the club and as a whole it was better to get rid of him along with others in the Summer. (The same goes for Fer, Sandro and Caulker this summer)

At the end of the day, Barton has slowly started to become a normal person, I think we did a lot for him. But it doesnt change anything, he has baggage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                              spot on. Rarely created anything so cant see he would have been much difference to what we had.

Dont get me wrong, done alright for us, but people seem to remember him as if he was the best plyer in the league. no where near the class he likes to make out.
                              I personally think Joey beleives he was a good premiership player, when I think he is bang average at that level. Nothing special at all but when he drops to the championship he actually becomes a decent player who does influence games. That would be my only argument for keeping him this season.
                              The club had to make a choice and they probably new he would of done a job this season but as I think we all understand they decided it was just time to move on and they wanted a different image for the club. I genuinely think it wasn't also down to his professionalism on the pitch but the media circus he attracts. QPR have remained a lot more out of the headlines this season since he left and I think they wanted that.
                              Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 26-04-2016, 10:52 AM.

Comment

This season he'd probably have contributed. But when you look at the bigger picture we'd be better off as a club if he'd never signed for us. Thought he was better than us and brought that big time charlie attitude in. Absolute joke that he was made captain immediately.

Comment

Working...
                                X