Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else heard the rumours of a potential change in ownership of the club?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mittals haven't been interested for years.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
      From a previous thread:

If we're a small local club, this isn't a rubbish season, this is just the way it will be, forever.
      But don't you understand Jeems that it's about complaining no matter what.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Must be Fernandes cos Mittal has been leaving the club since 2012.

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...?148023-Mittal

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          Must be Fernandes cos Mittal has been leaving the club since 2012.

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...?148023-Mittal
          Hammersmith been on the rumour for 4 years now. Gotta respect the commitment I suppose XD
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

not heard anything...

Comment

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
              I think we can aim higher than that. Look at where Brighton are now and how small they were when stranded at the Withdean.
              Or Bournemouth.

Comment

When OOC peters out I'll expect this kind of news. Not before then.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                  When OOC peters out I'll expect this kind of news. Not before then.
                  all depends on result on 5th of May

Comment

personally i hope knowbody leaves as they are all stinking rich and they have given us hundreds of millions of pounds knowing its all lost money
                    its not our directors that have screwed up its the management team
                    Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
                      personally i hope knowbody leaves as they are all stinking rich and they have given us hundreds of millions of pounds knowing its all lost money
                      its not our directors that have screwed up its the management team
                      Totally agree with you there Ted!
                      I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

None of the owners are exactly rolling in cash these days and might want to get rid of this annoyance from their balance sheet. The Mittals steel business is in crisis - lost £5B last year and his personal wealth has slipped from £27B in 2008 to a tiny (??) £7B this year. Tony's wealth has shrunk to $230M (£157M) from $750M in 2014 http://www.forbes.com/sites/anuraghunathan/2016/02/24/tony-fernandes-business-empire-takes-a-beating/#2d2282187b90.

If anyone came along and offered decent money, it seems very likely that they would sell up and concentrate on more pressing concerns - which might be good all round - despite Tony's heart being in the right place, his judgement has been nothing short of appalling.

Comment

Originally posted by amusant View Post
                          None of the owners are exactly rolling in cash these days and might want to get rid of this annoyance from their balance sheet. The Mittals steel business is in crisis - lost £5B last year and his personal wealth has slipped from £27B in 2008 to a tiny (??) £7B this year. Tony's wealth has shrunk to $230M (£157M) from $750M in 2014 http://www.forbes.com/sites/anuraghunathan/2016/02/24/tony-fernandes-business-empire-takes-a-beating/#2d2282187b90.

If anyone came along and offered decent money, it seems very likely that they would sell up and concentrate on more pressing concerns - which might be good all round - despite Tony's heart being in the right place, his judgement has been nothing short of appalling.
                          That is correct but wealth goes up and down all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                            That is correct but wealth goes up and down all the time.
                            Agree but the concern though is the fear of the perfect storm scenario where the current owners have put the club into massive debt (accepted to themselves) plus their current wealth is dwindling. This happened at Pompey, good meaning owner invests hugely beyond clubs means (leads to some success). He then sells club to another well meaning owner at inflated price as club actually worth X but with debt of Y the new owner purchases for XY. New owner's business empire elsewhere gets hit by global crash...starts trying to make savings and Pompey needs to be sold...no proper business man wants it as its artificially inflated price, players on massive and long contracts, premiership times have gone...then sharks circle and look how it ended up.
                            I don't think we are in that scenario as our owners are still wealthy but it's a lesson we haven't learnt. I know some say the massive debt don't matter..it's not our debt it's the owners and how's it effect us as I still go whatever may and people are worrying for nothing but huge uncontrolled debt as in Portsmouth and Leeds case can have a devasting effect on club.
                            I know we have tried to control it but more by cutting our losses than generating income.
                            I just think it all depends on OOC if that doesn't pull off then I can't see the current owners being too interested in a small west London club which is leaking money and on the pitch going nowhere. If OOC pays off then game on, a gem of a stadium in a regenerated part of London with all the property income that comes with it.

Comment

There whole plans has always depended on OOC as this is the only way they can get a return on their investment.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                                There whole plans has always depended on OOC as this is the only way they can get a return on their investment.
                                Yep.

We can't get a poxy training ground over the line so I'm not holding my breath on a new stadium development.

Comment

Working...
                                X