Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else heard the rumours of a potential change in ownership of the club?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else heard the rumours of a potential change in ownership of the club?

I don't post that often these days, but I thought I would with this one. Over the last few days I have heard from 2 separate people with no connection to QPR whatsoever that there might be a change in ownership with the club. I don't know if it is Fernandes selling his share or if it is the Mittals. It could just be a load of rubbish. I will just put it out there. Would seem strange with the stadium and training ground in the offing, but then on the other hand all of this still hasn't happened. Granted the stadium will take many years if it does ever happen. Obviously Fernandes has had big issues with his airline over the last year or so. Anyone else heard anything?
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

This wouldn't really be surprise if the Mittals wanted out, Amit's not been very vocal as he once used to be. I hope I'm so off the mark because there was a fab vibe with his presence and he is one of us.

Comment

Fernandes' F1 history concerns me but his interviews are clear, he's here for the long term

Imp couldn't care less if Fernandes leaves, as long as QPR don't leave Loftus Road, we're a small local club, no more
      Under Les Ferdinand:
      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

I could see the Mittals selling their shares as they don't really contribute anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
          Fernandes' F1 history concerns me but his interviews are clear, he's here for the long term

Imp couldn't care less if Fernandes leaves, as long as QPR don't leave Loftus Road, we're a small local club, no more

hold on,qpr. Back to div. 1?? No,no,no.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Limit growth for nostalgia sake? lol ok.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Heard it some time ago. ETA by end of year. Fingers crossed.
              Banning people is no longer my hobby,
              but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
              http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Where did you hear that Kirill?
                Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                Work Best When Open...
                @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                  Where did you hear that Kirill?
                  He didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                    He didn't.

Kirill back on the troll
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                      Heard it some time ago. ETA by end of year. Fingers crossed.
                      Who was rumoured to be leaving? The Mittals or Ton-e?

Comment

Would guess the new owners will be the current owners

Comment

I think we can aim higher than that. Look at where Brighton are now and how small they were when stranded at the Withdean.

Comment

From a previous thread:

Hope it's not too bad, Hall has been the star in a rubbish season imo
                            If we're a small local club, this isn't a rubbish season, this is just the way it will be, forever.

Comment

I heard a few grumblings that the mittals didn't like how the club was being run before but apparently the last I heard was that things had been patched since tony took a step back.

Fernandes won't sell up until there's a definitive answer to the stadium. If it is a no to old oak common he'll be off imho but i don't think there will be any resolution on that any time soon.
                              Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 23-04-2016, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X