Henry next season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
    Faurlin, Perch, Mackie, Hill (likely to be on staff?), Tozser (assuming we can't get rid)...all 30 or over next season.
    All handy squad players imo apart from Toszer is absolute dog.

Faurlin could arguable still maintain a starting position if we bring in the right person to partner him in the middle. I know Perch has grown on a lot of people to and could easily be a starter next season. Being 30 is nothing in football these days with all the sports science around and how players keep in shape with diets.

I just think Henry would add a little depth if needed. But I hope we genuinely sign a championship savy decent ball playing cm/dm to partner faurlin who is somewhere around 23 -27 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
      I just think Henry would add a little depth if needed. But I hope we genuinely sign a championship savy decent ball playing cm/dm to partner faurlin who is somewhere around 23 -27 years old.
      Spot on

I'd say 3 to 4 30+ aged players max though if you are serious about developing a squad for the future. One in each area of the field essentially.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
        Would let him go, on the basis we need to sign a couple of CM, those who are starting now - drop to the bench and push him further away from the team.

If he does stay, i wont be moaning as he can still do a job at this level, just doesnt really fit the mold for what we are trying to create.
        I've seen nearly every game this year and I have no idea what we are trying to create. What is it exactly? Posters on this board think they know but there is no evidence on the pitch. The defence can be a nice tight unit and, when it doesn't make a ricket, this is really all that has changed and got us to a safe position. That and Smithies replacing Calamity. When you all get excited about players from lower leagues be careful that we are not building a league 1 side. We don't create much and we persist with one player in particular who clearly can't be Rs'd. Whatever it is we are trying to create there is no sign of it at the moment. Same old, same old week after week. New players don't get a game so how can we judge?

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
          I've seen nearly every game this year and I have no idea what we are trying to create. What is it exactly? Posters on this board think they know but there is no evidence on the pitch. The defence can be a nice tight unit and, when it doesn't make a ricket, this is really all that has changed and got us to a safe position. That and Smithies replacing Calamity. When you all get excited about players from lower leagues be careful that we are not building a league 1 side. We don't create much and we persist with one player in particular who clearly can't be Rs'd. Whatever it is we are trying to create there is no sign of it at the moment. Same old, same old week after week. New players don't get a game so how can we judge?
          a team full of younger players who are hungry to succeed and want to be here. and yes, i have seen that on the pitch.

Comment

a team full of younger players who are hungry to succeed and want to be here. and yes, i have seen that on the pitch.
            For ten minutes here and there. How about playing them for a full game? Washington might get a goal then. Pushed wide at Brighton then subbed. El Khayati on far too late to make a difference. Konchesky before Kpekwa the other week. Is Petrasso any good at this level? How do we know. Sorry, I don't think he's got a clue where this is going at the moment.

Comment

For ten minutes here and there. How about playing them for a full game? Washington might get a goal then. Pushed wide at Brighton then subbed. El Khayati on far too late to make a difference. Konchesky before Kpekwa the other week. Is Petrasso any good at this level? How do we know. Sorry, I don't think he's got a clue where this is going at the moment.
              Smithies, Hall, Robinson, Luongo, Polter.....just ignoring these to fit your argument?

Kpewkwa got bought on for half hour against Charlton and people said get rid, not up to it.
              Washington started first game for a while and people saying get rid.

Cant understand what people want personally.

Am very happy with JFH and the way he has conducted himself here. Too many people who think we have a divined right to be winning leagues because of who we are.

Comment

Smithies, Hall, Robinson, Luongo, Polter.....just ignoring these to fit your argument?

Kpewkwa got bought on for half hour against Charlton and people said get rid, not up to it.
                Washington started first game for a while and people saying get rid.

Cant understand what people want personally.

Am very happy with JFH and the way he has conducted himself here. Too many people who think we have a divined right to be winning leagues because of who we are.
                I mentioned Smithies, Hall was before JFH, Robinson? One game and everyone's an expert - looked good, but ONE game? Sorry, not a Luongo fan.....yet. No pace and neither passes forward nor gets forward enough. Again, why does everyone think he's so brilliant? Evidence yet? JFH has clearly worked wonders with Polter's confidence....why not work with Kpekwa? So this board coated him for Charlton game, so what? - no one takes any notice of that. Give the lad a run. People keep saying these closing games don't matter, so play him. And Petrasso for same reason.

Comment

And yes, I would keep Henry. Henry and Hill - great for younger players to have around.

Comment

I think we have achieved what was needed this year. Consolidation and a minor rebuild with some handy players who could become part of a team that possibly could challenge for a top 6 place next season.

At the moment we are still unbalanced and lack depth of quality in certain areas hence why we finish bang mid table. Not a bad season considering unlike Hull and Burnley we were relegated without a team good enough to bounce back and tailor made for championship promotion push.

We have a group of 5 or 6 players now who could be mainstays of team capable of pushing to the top end of the championship and a few who are pretty average championship players. In the summer it's going to be so important we look for added quality over depth or we could be staring another mid table finish. P personally think we still need a real proven quality striker who has the ability to bang in 20 goals. 2 tricky wingers a cm/dm and arguably another quality cb. 5,5 possibly six quality signings and it will transform us from mid table to a sustainable force at this level.

However if we aren't ambitious in some area and bring in 3 or 4 similar players of ok ability then I cant see us doing anything special. Be interesting to see how the club conduct their business in the summer.

Comment

I mentioned Smithies, Hall was before JFH, Robinson? One game and everyone's an expert - looked good, but ONE game? Sorry, not a Luongo fan.....yet. No pace and neither passes forward nor gets forward enough. Again, why does everyone think he's so brilliant? Evidence yet? JFH has clearly worked wonders with Polter's confidence....why not work with Kpekwa? So this board coated him for Charlton game, so what? - no one takes any notice of that. Give the lad a run. People keep saying these closing games don't matter, so play him. And Petrasso for same reason.
                      Of course all matter of opinion, but think Luongo has been one of our better players this season. Only frst year in the championship so reasonable to expect him to come on further given his age.

never really got the fuss with Petrasso. cant see him ever making it at this level in all honesty. Think there is a thin line between chucking someone in for experience and chucking them in and ruining their confidence (ala furlong).

Either way seems that we disagree on the work JFH is doing

Comment

I know Henry can do a job and do it well at times, however he is massively frustrating and often kills any chance of a counter attack, such an important part of the game currently. Every time I see us breaking away and Henry gets the ball I know that's it any pace, urgency immediate threat will be gone.

I know that's not a big part of his game, but for f'ks sake how difficult is it to make a forward pass rather than dithering on the ball before sending it either sideways or backwards!

Comment

Luongo doesn't pass forward or get forward enough? His 5 assists from open play suggest otherwise and if he had better finishing, he'd have at least 3 or 4 goals. Plenty of evidence for that. Kpekawa will get time, but right now the focus is rightly on getting a full guaranteed 11 sorted out and then developing the youngsters, which is absolutely correct. Remember what happened when we kept playing Furlong last season, we risked him against Arsenal and his confidence died after dealing with Sanchez.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            Luongo doesn't pass forward or get forward enough? His 5 assists from open play suggest otherwise and if he had better finishing, he'd have at least 3 or 4 goals. Plenty of evidence for that. Kpekawa will get time, but right now the focus is rightly on getting a full guaranteed 11 sorted out and then developing the youngsters, which is absolutely correct. Remember what happened when we kept playing Furlong last season, we risked him against Arsenal and his confidence died after dealing with Sanchez.
                            No, he doesn't Nass. 5 assists and IF he could finish 3 or 4 goals? Not good enough. The Furlong thing with Sanchez was possibly the worst managerial decision of last season! Should have been Henry or Barton as emergency right back, they've seen it before and wouldn't have been destroyed. Anyway, that's long gone.

Comment

Working...
                            X