Henry next season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henry next season.

Mick McCarthy at Ipswich is rumoured to be interested in signing his former captain. In that respect, Is it time to release him? What do People on here think?
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Originally posted by Shania View Post
    Mick McCarthy at Ipswich is rumoured to be interested in signing his former captain. In that respect, Is it time to release him? What do People on here think?
    Would let him go, on the basis we need to sign a couple of CM, those who are starting now - drop to the bench and push him further away from the team.

If he does stay, i wont be moaning as he can still do a job at this level, just doesnt really fit the mold for what we are trying to create.

Comment

Whatever JFK will do, we still need a player who is able to mark .I´m just not sure we have other players in the squad who can do that job if we sell him??
      Last edited by Shania; 21-04-2016, 06:30 PM.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Let go. Been a steady player most of the time with us but time to part company

Comment

i'd let him go , does a lot of work off the ball , breaks up play but frustrates me as never passes it forward

Comment

Let him go, he isn't attacking enough and whilst he sure has improved recently to the point of being our best player for some halves, I think he deserves to go where he is wanted and would like to see him do well.

Comment

Personally I'd let him go. Has done well for us when used correctly (i.e. doing the ugly stuff in the midfield). Has frustrated the hell out of me when he's been utilised in more advanced midfield roles, although it's hardly his fault if managers choose to play him out of position.

I do however think it's time for a bit of a refresh. We have some good young talent in the squad but we also have a few guys the wrong side of 30 that won't be getting any better, Henry being one of them. We also have a few guys in the squad that quite clearly don't want to be here. Let them all find new homes and build a new squad around talented players in their 20's who want to be here!

Comment

For the love of god let him go. Please

Comment

sadly just average and if we want to get out of this division we need a bit more guile from the midfield
                  I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                  This morning's tempest I have to cross
                  I must be guided without a stumble
                  Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                    Personally I'd let him go. Has done well for us when used correctly (i.e. doing the ugly stuff in the midfield). Has frustrated the hell out of me when he's been utilised in more advanced midfield roles, although it's hardly his fault if managers choose to play him out of position.

I do however think it's time for a bit of a refresh. We have some good young talent in the squad but we also have a few guys the wrong side of 30 that won't be getting any better, Henry being one of them. We also have a few guys in the squad that quite clearly don't want to be here. Let them all find new homes and build a new squad around talented players in their 20's who want to be here!
                    This. I quite like Henry and he's done a decent job for us, but I would rather have a younger version in the midfield tbh, maybe somebody that can offer slightly more going forward also.
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                      Whatever JFK will do, we still need a player who is able to mark .I´m just not sure we have other players in the squad who can do that job if we sell him??
                      I think JFK would have said 'ask not what QPR can do for Henry, ask what Henry can do for QPR.' Before nipping off to see a bloke on a grassy knoll.

What can Henry do for QPR? As a holding midfielder, a decent job. I'd say retain him unless a younger, pacier DM is available. And a mixture of youth and experience is always valuable etc. etc.

Comment

Need a younger version that has more vision for a pass. Key position to get right IMO - ball playing CDM.

Been a much better signing than I gave credit for when he joined.

Comment

I'd keep henry as a squad player.

Having experienced heads around the team who can be relied upon here and there when needed is a valuable commodity. We definitely could do with freshening up in the CM/DM area 100% and if we aspirations to get promoted then Henry shouldn't be a mainstay in the first 11 but he could be a goos utility player, whilst also being a good positive influence around the club.

McCarthy is no mug and knows this division well. So the fact he would look to pinch him from us on a free would indicate to me that Henry still has something to offer even if its in a smaller capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                            I think JFK would have said 'ask not what QPR can do for Henry, ask what Henry can do for QPR.' Before nipping off to see a bloke on a grassy knoll.

What can Henry do for QPR? As a holding midfielder, a decent job. I'd say retain him unless a younger, pacier DM is available. And a mixture of youth and experience is always valuable etc. etc.

lol very good

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                              Having experienced heads around the team who can be relied upon here and there when needed is a valuable commodity.
                              Faurlin, Perch, Mackie, Hill (likely to be on staff?), Tozser (assuming we can't get rid)...all 30 or over next season.

Comment

Working...
                              X