Seagull fan in peace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seagull fan in peace

I thought I would wait 24 hours & let some of the dust settle.

I thought you played very well for 45 mins last night considering you had nothing to play for.
    Could & probably should have been 2.0 up before we scored bang on half time.I think it's fair to say that the 2nd half belonged to us.
    That boy Phillips you have is a fantastic player caused us problems all night long even when the game had been lost.
    How has the lad Washington done for you this season?
    We signed Craig macail smith from Peterboro for about 2.5m in 2011 but he was not good enough.

Originally posted by Seagull View Post

I thought you played very well for 45 mins last night considering you had nothing to play for.
    Could & probably should have been 2.0 up before we scored bang on half time.I think it's fair to say that the 2nd half belonged to us.
    That boy Phillips you have is a fantastic player caused us problems all night long even when the game had been lost.
    We signed Craig macail smith from Peterboro for about 2.5m in 2011 but he was not good enough.
    The goal at the stroke of half-time was the sucker punch. However the so-called 'foul' resulting in the free-kick was extremely dubious to say the least IMO. Coming out for the 2nd half still at 0-0 could then have been a very different story.

As for Washington, he was signed in January and hasn't had much game time since then, but when he's played it's been in a formation unsuited to his game. IOW too early to judge him fairly.

Comment

Nice post Gull and spot on summary.

Thought we were comfortably better first half and going in nil nil half time thought we would roll you over but that free kick on HT changed the game and second half there was one side in it. Think your a very decent side and think you will go up automatically

Not sure what you saw in Phillips I thought he was gash and just ran into your players time after time. If you went up and offered us £8mil I would take your hand off. One of the most inconsistent players I have ever watched

Comment

Cheers mate.
        Phillips is available for sale if you are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post

Fair assessment....your lad Kayal is exactly what we need in our midfield....he looks a really comfortable footballer.

Comment

phillips has the skill but he is lazy , drifts in and out of games and has no bottle seen him back out of numerous tackles

Comment

Phillips ia class player especially at this level. He could also step up and do it in the prem.

Unfortunately to me it's clear he hasn't been motivated this year and 72bus's assessment of drifting in and out of games is pretty spot. When he leaves and signs for a team he wants to be at I think he will thrive. Could be a good signing for Brighton if you go up.

Its good to hear fro opposite fans that we looked half decent. Positives to take forward for next season and I believe we have a decent spine to real push on if we bring in a few shrewd signings in the summer. Good luck to Brighton and I personally hope you go up as will be brilliant for the area and think you would thrive in the Prem. Knocheart was a class signing btw.

Comment

Working...
              X