Is the Villa relegation side worse then our two infamous sides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
    look at the fitness of Agbonlahor, disgrace, getting paid what they do and letting himself go like that. And he is supposed to be a Villa fan
    i read a few years back he has 5 kids by 5 different women , hasn't got the time to train

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
      Us by a country mile! They haven't invested for years whilst we invested wayyyy too much and just went around signing anyone who had played in the quater finals of the champions league from the 95/96 season it seemed...
      I think you need to do some research.... They invested loads of money only last summer with Sherwood in charge! Just because they wasted money on crap players, many either barely known or who've made no impact whatsoever, doesn't mean they haven't invested... Also all these new players who came in on big money will also be on good wages. Check this link for a reminder.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/aston...saison_id/2015

As for us, most of the players Hughes bought in were free transfers. Over paid wages no doubt and under performed but there was clearly a direction given hence focus on high profile freebies rather than spending a lot of transfer fees.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
        I think you need to do some research.... They invested loads of money only last summer with Sherwood in charge!.
        To be fair, the sale of Delph and Benteke funded most of that spend but yeah, they bought a load of poor players

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          I think they have bad eggs but certainly not as bad as us the first time. With that being said, some of their players have been nothing short of embarrassing in their performances. Look at their squad, that is easily a mid table squad.

Jordan Amavi, Idrissa Gueye, Okore, Richards, Ayew, Sanchez, Gestede, Clark, Lescott, Guzan, Veretout, Cissokho, Gil, Grealish, Agbonlahor, Adama Traore, Sinclair, etc.

Of those guys, the only ones who have done relatively well for themselves are Amavi who got injured early on and will probably go to another prem team and Gueye. The fact that they never started Adama Traore is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen. The guy was a top prospect at Barcelona but apparently wasn't good enough for the worst prem side since Derby. Their manager appears to have been on some power play and didn't know how to control his players and ended up throwing hissy fits instead and dropping them.
          Traore has been injured, plus since he returned from injury he is now in a similar situation to Green where if he plays any more games, Villa have to pay Barca a rather large fee around £2 million I believe so that is why he hasnt played.

Comment

If you let your best forward, best midfielder and best defender go (Vlaar) - don't be surprised if you have a hard time. Eddie Howe said that it was difficult for his team to play at Villa Park last week, because the atmosphere was so toxic....never got that way at LR.

Comment

Villa are atrocious this year! In our 2 relegation season in recent years, we accumulated 25 and 30 points. Villa currently have 16 points ffs, they are far worse than we were in either of our relegation seasons.

That said, arguing which side is the least $hit is like having a debate over who is the better looking out of Peter Beardsley and Iain Dowie.
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                Villa are atrocious this year! In our 2 relegation season in recent years, we accumulated 25 and 30 points. Villa currently have 16 points ffs, they are far worse than we were in either of our relegation seasons.

That said, arguing which side is the least $hit is like having a debate over who is the better looking out of Peter Beardsley and Iain Dowie.
                Dowie.......he's got a rugged outdoor demeanour whereas Beardsley is just plum ugly...

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post

Its a tough one, but I'd probably prefer to spend the night with Beardsley...just

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                    Its a tough one, but I'd probably prefer to spend the night with Beardsley...just

Seek help.

Comment

I'm definitely in a minority that didn't think the side that first went down was that bad. That last minute equalizer against Wigan killed us. Knocked Harry's confidence and the players. I don't think players gave up after that but they were missing that extra bit that makes all the difference for a team at our end of the table. People talk about lack of effort but when you're not getting the results it's always an easy excuse to call it lack of effort. Remy was quality up front, Mbia was never as bad in central mid as most made out....id much rather have him than anyone we have at present.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                        I'm definitely in a minority that didn't think the side that first went down was that bad. That last minute equalizer against Wigan killed us. Knocked Harry's confidence and the players. I don't think players gave up after that but they were missing that extra bit that makes all the difference for a team at our end of the table. People talk about lack of effort but when you're not getting the results it's always an easy excuse to call it lack of effort. Remy was quality up front, Mbia was never as bad in central mid as most made out....id much rather have him than anyone we have at present.
                        Mbia was a workhorse and a talented footballer (that assist for Remy against Wigan showed both) who lost the fans after the infamous tweet to Barton. Him being a key part of the Sevilla team that won 2 consecutive Europa Leagues proves that even further. I agree with you that the team that went down with Harry was just really unlucky at times. We definitely were starting to show signs of survival and then as you said, Maloney killed us.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I think Villa are shocking this season and there isn't much difference between them and our team that went down. However id say our squad did show a little more fight then they did. At least we had a few players like joey, hill, derry ect who would put their foot in.

They will struggle massively imo next season. If they can't move some of the players they have now and have to retain them, then they could easily be looking at back to back relegation's. No heart in the dressing room but even worst they lack the talent. They don't invest in player recruitment so they are screwed imo.

I actually think for the first time under TF's tenure we actually done things pretty spot on this season. It was about consolidating, stripping away the crap that has been attached to us for the last few years and gearing up a proper strategy and philosophy to push on the season after. Which I personally think we will even if it doesn't mean instant promotion I believe we will be in the mix and will only get stronger.

Comment

We were much better than this Villa side.

They should have been relegated 2 or 3 years ago, and they'd probably be better off if they had done. They've just added more overpriced crap, Ayew, Lescott, Richards etc. will all be on stupid wages.

We were kind of unlucky in that we had a shite manager and board members./ If we'd spent some of TF's cash with a bit more nous and signed a handful of different players we'd have been alright.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              Should get a decent 6 points off them next season.
                              Really? Careful.....if they get a decent manager in it will still be one of the most attractive clubs to sign for. Start with a couple of wins and the place will be full again. I remember them in the old third and the place rocked once they started their way back.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                                Really? Careful.....if they get a decent manager in it will still be one of the most attractive clubs to sign for. Start with a couple of wins and the place will be full again. I remember them in the old third and the place rocked once they started their way back.
                                Entitled to your opinion fella but they are going to struggle financially and even a decent manager will struggle to sign quality players who can make good dough elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X