Is the Villa relegation side worse then our two infamous sides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Villa relegation side worse then our two infamous sides

Just see the table and see how few games they have won and points picked up then read Lescotts comments on it being a relief

I never thought our boys who counted their gold while they played could be topped but Villa have plunged to new depths. Relegation two seasons on the bounce for them is my guess

Who had more bad eggs and mercenaries as it was coined us or them?

Us by a country mile! They haven't invested for years whilst we invested wayyyy too much and just went around signing anyone who had played in the quater finals of the champions league from the 95/96 season it seemed...

Comment

Actually good point cobs never thought of it that way

Comment

Cesar
        Boswinga
        Mbia
        Nelson
        Taiwo

Granero
        Faurlin

Park
        Tarbs
        Hoilett

Remy/Cisse

The DM labelled us the "best side" to ever go down, which is definitely true if the game was played on paper - what a line up and what a monumental let down!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Just see the table and see how few games they have won and points picked up then read Lescotts comments on it being a relief

I never thought our boys who counted their gold while they played could be topped but Villa have plunged to new depths. Relegation two seasons on the bounce for them is my guess

Who had more bad eggs and mercenaries as it was coined us or them?
          Personally think that this Villa side are even more of a disgrace than our boys......and that is saying something...

I also heard that Villa have the 7th highest wage bill in the premier league, which means that those 'players' are likely to remain, poisoning the atmosphere......sounds familiar doesn't it..

Comment

I think they have bad eggs but certainly not as bad as us the first time. With that being said, some of their players have been nothing short of embarrassing in their performances. Look at their squad, that is easily a mid table squad.

Jordan Amavi, Idrissa Gueye, Okore, Richards, Ayew, Sanchez, Gestede, Clark, Lescott, Guzan, Veretout, Cissokho, Gil, Grealish, Agbonlahor, Adama Traore, Sinclair, etc.

Of those guys, the only ones who have done relatively well for themselves are Amavi who got injured early on and will probably go to another prem team and Gueye. The fact that they never started Adama Traore is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen. The guy was a top prospect at Barcelona but apparently wasn't good enough for the worst prem side since Derby. Their manager appears to have been on some power play and didn't know how to control his players and ended up throwing hissy fits instead and dropping them.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post
              Personally think that this Villa side are even more of a disgrace than our boys......and that is saying something...

I also heard that Villa have the 7th highest wage bill in the premier league, which means that those 'players' are likely to remain, poisoning the atmosphere......sounds familiar doesn't it..
              Difference is we got rid of most of our bad eggs when we got relegated by any means necessary. Villa have a different problem because unlike ours, their bad eggs are also bad footballers and have been shown as such this season.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Villa are shocking. 4 games left and if they win them all they still won't get as many points as we did in 2014/15. They've also already lost more than we did in 2012/13.

Comment

They've outdone us this season. Shocking.

Comment

look at the fitness of Agbonlahor, disgrace, getting paid what they do and letting himself go like that. And he is supposed to be a Villa fan
                    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                    This morning's tempest I have to cross
                    I must be guided without a stumble
                    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                      Us by a country mile! They haven't invested for years whilst we invested wayyyy too much and just went around signing anyone who had played in the quater finals of the champions league from the 95/96 season it seemed...
                      Their team is no cheap set up if you look at it.
                      Oh and players fighting fans, top earning player posting pictures of hundred grand plus motors by mistake after defeats and then saying it's a weight off the terms shoulders when officially relegated, also a star player being two stone over weight and going on pish up holidays mid season.
                      How can you say they have NOT been worse than we were?

Comment

Villa are a bigger joke than we ever were, looking at it objectively and trying to put the pain to one side. Latest being their talisman Gabby who was supposed to be getting fit IN APRIL!!! was pissed up and on laughing gas (you couldn't make it up) the evening of their official relegation and this is hardly an isolated incident. We were awful but this club makes me feel slightly better that there is worse run clubs out there!

Comment

Villa are quite simply a joke, most of their players gave up the fight before Christmas. Although we have had our fair share of mercenaries we did at least offer some resistance occasionally. You have to fear for them next season, unless a new buyer invests a huge amount of Wonga they will do a Wigan. Some of Lescott's comments over the last few months have been shocking really for a captain.
                          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Should get a decent 6 points off them next season.

Comment

think they are worse off than we ever were. Everyone knew we didnt have particularly bad players and thats the reason why we were able to offload most of them. Villa have a different problem in that their players simply arnt good enough, mixed with the fact they seem to have so many problem players and what with this latest Agbonlahor thing, i kind of feel for their fans a bit.

Massive appointment for them coming up and if they dont get someone strong in, they could easily fall straight through the championship.

All that being said, good news for us as we know at least one of the teams coming down isnt going to find it easy next year

Comment

Working...
                              X