Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Springbok

Copied from another site.

As we found out yesterday Tina Moran has been given 1 month to get out of the springbok as the brewery have opted not to renew her contract after 9 years I think this is a disgrace she done wonders for that pub and has built up a great relationship with all the QPR fans that go in there. All the staff in there have been brilliant and we don't want to see them go I am going to do a petition in an attempt to keep her there!!"

Many of you may not use the 'bok but it has been a focal point for many years, along with the Smuts, and look what has happened to that!, Tina has always been very supportive of the QPR fans and knows many of them by name. Even if you don't use the pub it would be nice to offer some support for her.

The petition is now up and running.
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/k...-springbok-pub
    Thanks to everyone for their support.
    Edit - could a mod amend the typo in the thread title please

Signed

Comment

Signed
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Signed. I live in Sweden but attend 2-3 games a season and a visit to the springbok is and have always been a certainty and a part of my matchday routines. Would be sad to see it shut down.

Comment

signed

Comment

It would be good if they could get SKY sports in there.. for the 12.45 games....

Comment

Heard about this whilst there Saturday , apparently closing in May
              Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

does it ever get busy on non match days

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                  does it ever get busy on non match days
                  No not anymore, white city residents have changed some what over the years
                  Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Signed

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                      Genuinely choked on one of my pickled onion Monster Munch there Van
                      "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
                      For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

Originally posted by PompeyRanger View Post
                        It would be good if they could get SKY sports in there.. for the 12.45 games....
                        Doubt that'll be on their list of priorities at the moment!

Comment

Heard about this whilst there Saturday , apparently closing in May
                          Another good old boozer gone. Very sad

Comment

my brother on his way to a game was called over from an old mate of ours, Billy from Batman Close. Although Bill hates football he was meeting up with a fellow ex White City boy. When he arrived and noticed the lack of familiar faces, he commented 'where is everybody'. My brother lives down here in Devon, the other two lived in Waldegrave and Northampton. The guy answered his own question
                            Last edited by lymehoop; 11-04-2016, 09:42 AM.
                            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                            This morning's tempest I have to cross
                            I must be guided without a stumble
                            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Signed it.

Always go the 'bok' when I make it to a game. Is the plan to change ownership or to completely close then?

Comment

Working...
                              X