Bates Motel - WATRB TV series catch up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
    I think that's on the cards Hovis - also surely Danni and Jon are half brother and sister? Isn't that the twist? Love the fact he is pale, dark haired, Northern - Jon Snow - winter; and she is fire, Southern, dragon, summer.

And yes, the reverse Red Wedding scene with Arya was superb.
    Yeah they are half brother/sister (well at least that is what the final episode is suggesting). There are still some big characters left who will certainly play a role in the future

Comment

Watched pretty much all series that have mentioned so decided to watch bates motel after all the hype. Its been built up by some of you so much, and I don't want to pi ss on your fun but I am struggling. On season 1 and seen 4 episodes. I am not an old bugger but why is it set in modern day? Norma drives a vintage Mercedes, nice but the police driving a modern day 4 by 4. I just think they should of made it more old school as it is pre psycho and I don't feel it suits modern day. I did Google it and seems many agree. Slow paced, does it get miles better as its not in the same league as bloodline and house of cards????
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
        Watched pretty much all series that have mentioned so decided to watch bates motel after all the hype. Its been built up by some of you so much, and I don't want to pi ss on your fun but I am struggling. On season 1 and seen 4 episodes. I am not an old bugger but why is it set in modern day? Norma drives a vintage Mercedes, nice but the police driving a modern day 4 by 4. I just think they should of made it more old school as it is pre psycho and I don't feel it suits modern day. I did Google it and seems many agree. Slow paced, does it get miles better as its not in the same league as bloodline and house of cards????
        Haven't seen 'Bates Motel' so can't comment, but think 'House of Cards' is excellent.I started watching the 1st series of 'Bloodline' when it first came out and really enjoyed it, but for some reason stopped halfway through and never went back to it. Will definitely try and get up to speed with it.

Comment

Well what can I say Weare? Horses for courses mate, it's all a matter of taste. For me Bates Motel gets better and better as the tension builds each series. I suggest hanging in there as I agree the first series is a bit.. discombobulating... and maybe a bit too much of the teen stuff in there. By series 3 you should be hooked.

While we're on the subject, Ray Donovan series 4 has just started. Love Ray Donovan! This is a series I wholeheartedly recommend, not least because of a stellar performance from Jon Voigt as Ray's dad Mickey.

Comment

Totally agree about the whole teen high school thing. That hasn't helped but I'll carry on
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Stranger Things

This show has just started on Netflix, anyone else started to watch it?

Comment

Anyone here seen "Hell on wheels?" Is there a white female character in that series who once (alledgedly) was captured by native americans? This character is based on a true story which I´m interested in.
                Last edited by Shania; 18-07-2016, 07:13 PM.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                  Anyone here seen "Hell on wheels?" Is there a white female character in that series who once (alledgedly) was captured by native americans? This character is based on a true story which I´m interested in.
                  I want to watch that.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                    Totally agree about the whole teen high school thing. That hasn't helped but I'll carry on
                    Bradley and Emma sandwich would be great

Just watching Silicon Valley, a decent comedy about a tech start up. Not bad.

Comment

Is Bates Motel anything like Psycho?

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                        Is Bates Motel anything like Psycho?
                        Completely based on it, but as a prequel, set however in the present day. Hope that's clear!

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                          I want to watch that.
                          I think you will like it.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                            It's a pretty decent show and I'm currently watching season two of five. And yes Shania there is and they tattooed her face. She's a ##### that travels with the railway to satisfy the workers. I think she's going to have a bigger role to play as she's married to an Irish worker but she's in love with a black ex-slave (the railway bought them from prisons) and is carrying his child.

Comment

Originally posted by UpperP View Post
                              It's a pretty decent show and I'm currently watching season two of five. And yes Shania there is and they tattooed her face. She's a ##### that travels with the railway to satisfy the workers. I think she's going to have a bigger role to play as she's married to an Irish worker but she's in love with a black ex-slave (the railway bought them from prisons) and is carrying his child.
                              Really great show that.touches of deadwood at times which I wish they would have continued.
                              "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                              London Pride is a flower that's free.
                              London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                              And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Originally posted by UpperP View Post
                                Thanks,UpperP. I´m watching episode 4 in season 1 right now. and here she is. Thanks again.
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X