No announcement yet.

Bates Motel - WATRB TV series catch up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dash of milk in that? BM gets better and better IMO - the tension really ratcheting up by series 4. And Vera Farmiga who plays Norma Bates is exceptional at playing the coy/vulnerable/slightly unhinged/sexy/manipulative mother. Poor old Norman!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
      I did enjoy Jessica Jones mate. As well as both series of Daredevil.
      Much preferred Daredevil to Arrow and Flash.
      Slightly off topic as it's a film, but Deadpool is definitely worth a gander if you haven't seen it already

Comment

Started on OZ last night.
        Anyone seen it before?

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
          Started on OZ last night.
          Anyone seen it before?
          I think it's quality and very underrated when great TV series are mentioned.

Comment

Although not new, I think I got the heads up from someone on here, but personally think Love/Hate, despite not having a big budget, is a decent watch.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
              Peaky Blinders season 3 is back soon, that's a proper show.
              Finally got round to catching up with Peaky Blinders. You're right Matty - proper show. It's actually bloody fantastic. I'm seriously impressed. Just finished season 1, now onto season 2.

Outlander season 2 is absolute shyte. What a let down. It's all about costumes and sets and hardly any action. Naff.

I've finished Bates Motel season 4, can't wait for season 5. Love this show. The tension rachets up and up and the final episode of 4 is a masterpiece. I was properly disturbed for hours afterwards! Just shows how good psychological drama can be (albeit with a fair amount of blood and gore chucked in for good measure).

Comment

got has been pretty dull this season. I love house of cards. The secret, 4 episode series set in Belfast was superb. True story and very gripping. Mate at work is trying to get me into banshee. It's alright but a bit too prison break for me ie unbelievable eyewash.
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                  got has been pretty dull this season. I love house of cards. The secret, 4 episode series set in Belfast was superb. True story and very gripping. Mate at work is trying to get me into banshee. It's alright but a bit too prison break for me ie unbelievable eyewash.
                  I wouldn't say GoT has been dull, but it's taking a long time to put all the pieces in place. I think the problem it has is there are so many story lines and characters and fates that are all interweaving. Still enjoying it though and still some great moments in this series, wouldn't you agree? *Spoiler Alert!* The reveal about Hodor, for example? Jon Snow? You can feel things building towards something epic. I would agree certain elements are dull though. Sam Tarly's story is a yawn.

I watched The Secret, agreed, gripping, Great performance from James Nesbitt.

Haven't got round to watching House of Cards. There's too much to watch!

Comment

Finished season 4 of Bates, great recommendation Hubble! Brilliant acting all round, so sad to see Norman deteriorate so quickly this season. I like how it splits itself from the main Psycho universe, what happened in episode 9 was very unexpected! I actually quite enjoy the side plots - drug trade, Dylan, Emma etc. Wonder who's paying the bills/who's been running the motel since Emma left...dread to see their TripAdvisor reviews!

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                      I wouldn't say GoT has been dull, but it's taking a long time to put all the pieces in place. I think the problem it has is there are so many story lines and characters and fates that are all interweaving. Still enjoying it though and still some great moments in this series, wouldn't you agree? *Spoiler Alert!* The reveal about Hodor, for example? Jon Snow? You can feel things building towards something epic. I would agree certain elements are dull though. Sam Tarly's story is a yawn.

I watched The Secret, agreed, gripping, Great performance from James Nesbitt.

Haven't got round to watching House of Cards. There's too much to watch!
                      You would love house of cards Hubble. The story is intense and Kevin spacey was born for the role. You must make it a priority as it will certainly get into your top 3 of best watched TV series
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                        Finished season 4 of Bates, great recommendation Hubble! Brilliant acting all round, so sad to see Norman deteriorate so quickly this season. I like how it splits itself from the main Psycho universe, what happened in episode 9 was very unexpected! I actually quite enjoy the side plots - drug trade, Dylan, Emma etc. Wonder who's paying the bills/who's been running the motel since Emma left...dread to see their TripAdvisor reviews!
                        Hey, great to hear that mate, very glad - but not surprised - that you like it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                          You would love house of cards Hubble. The story is intense and Kevin spacey was born for the role. You must make it a priority as it will certainly get into your top 3 of best watched TV series
                          Okay mate, I will add it to my schedule! Thanks for the recommendation.

Comment

Just stumbled on this thread.

Bates Motel is excellent. Across the various series, they have gradually unwound the mystery around Norman and managed to retain it's suspense and gripping content throughout. Glad another is on the way.

Arrow - started great but has seriously lost it's way imo with the whole "team arrow" aspect. Should've kept it as it was with Oliver and Diggle and even Roy was ok in the context of his character. They over did it tho imo and ruined the programme. I still watch it and have just finished the last series, but ffs, Laurel was an Assistant DA who was scared of her own shadow, 2 boxing lessons later and suddenly she's part of the team and taking on multiple league of assassin ninjas at once... really!!

The Flash - Also just finished the latest series of this. Unlike Arrow, I think they are improving this as it goes along and some of the ideas and the way it's done are better. Enjoyable watch imo.

The Blacklist - I think this is a really good watch also. I've not had time to keep up with the current series so have about 10 episodes to watch (so no spoilers please), but if anyone hasn't watched it I would really recommend it. James Spader is superb in the lead role and the female lead is filth so what's not to like?

TWD - I was very late to this party and ended up watching series 1-3 in quick succession on Amazon and loved it. It definitely lost it's way on one series either 4 or 5 I can't remember, which was very disjointed, but the last series found some form again with some great moments and suspense.

Comment

I'm watching the final season of Person of Interest - I know some may be interested, the basic premise is about the government and machines spying on our everyday lives. Good show and a good variation on the good guy catches bad guy theme.

Comment

Any of you checking out the new one starting tonight - Outcast?

Comment

Working...
                                X