Bates Motel - WATRB TV series catch up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
    Which one of those do you think is the best Uppers? Reason I ask is it getting to the stage where we're so saturated with TV drama that it's getting harder to pick the wheat from the chaff. And I don't want to waste my time getting involved in a series that's not top notch.

I gave up on two recently after the first episode: 4 Blocks - a crime drama about Arab gangsters in Berlin - found it hard to like any of the characters or get involved and it was all a bit cliched - and Hell on Wheels - a Western revenge drama set just after the US civil war. It was all the perfect white teeth in the second one that did it for me. I like my drama realistic these days. That and Colm Meany's totally OTT railroad boss.

What's frustrating is that crap TV like Hell on Wheels ( and plenty much worse than that) gets more series, whereas as absolutely excellent series like Almost Human (for example), a sci-fi crime drama set in near future, don't get a second series.

And on that note, the previously highly entertaining Ray Donovan has been flabby this season, almost literally losing the plot, full of mawkish flashbacks and far too much backstory. The last two episodes were good though. Outlander is back for its third series and I'm enjoying that. The stylish and interesting (especially to me as it concerns crypto-currency!) crime drama Startup is back for a second series, I'm enjoying that too.

Bottom line, it's quality I'm looking for! Keep those suggestions coming!
    Ray Donovan has become too far fetched but I do like Startup.

Comment

• So onto Stranger Things season 2. I never got the hype of season 1. The production quality was good and the 80's vibe was excellent. But the storyline was a bit weak. Season 2 is kinda the same. I'm watching it because everyone else is, and I dont like being left out of conversations (sheep level = 1000)

Comment

• Just finished Salvation season 1, and it was pretty damn good. Asteroid on course for earth / public doesn't know / shadow government in play / hackers / Russia / fake news etc. Has been renewed for season 2, well worth a watch

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeems View Post
          Just finished Salvation season 1, and it was pretty damn good. Asteroid on course for earth / public doesn't know / shadow government in play / hackers / Russia / fake news etc. Has been renewed for season 2, well worth a watch
          Sounds worth a watch mate. How do we fit them all in?!

Has anyone mentioned Arrow? I know - it's a bit corny, superhero stuff - but I am strangely addicted to it. Stephen Amell is compelling in the lead and there's plenty of eye candy, whatever your predilections. It's a Canadian production, set in Vancouver, so plenty of rain in it!

Meanwhile, Peaky Blinders is back. I haven't watched the first episode of the new series yet, but people are raving about it.

Comment

• peakys back good opener , also like snowfall

Comment

• Peaky blinders is the best thing of TV by miles and I've seen some brilliant stuff lately. The 1episode of the new season was epic and will live long in the memory. Great cast and story so well done the bbc
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Mindhunter Watch it you won't be disappointed

Comment

• Originally posted by UpperP View Post
                  Mindhunter Watch it you won't be disappointed
                  Is that sky, Netflix?

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                    Is that sky, Netflix?
                    I think it's netflix but don't know for sure. Use an android box for streaming.

Comment

• Just started watching Marvel's The Punisher. It's really good and pretty brutal. No super powers just an ex-marine on a mission. He was in season 2 of Daredevil.

Comment

• This has been a brilliant thread but I want to ban any talk about marvel. This forum was like pub talk and I've been given some great advice and watched some brilliant stuff bates being one. Maybe we can create a child's one with Disney and marvel in it as they need to be kept separate

Comment

• You're probably right Weare.

Anyway...

Arrow spoiler alert...

It's lost interest for me since they killed off the lovely Susannah Thompson at the end of season 2. They probably did a focus group amongst teens and decided she was too old. Now the Arrow has a sidekick as muggy as Robin in Batman. It's become naff.
                          Last edited by Hubble; 30-11-2017, 10:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                            This has been a brilliant thread but I want to ban any talk about marvel. This forum was like pub talk and I've been given some great advice and watched some brilliant stuff bates being one. Maybe we can create a child's one with Disney and marvel in it as they need to be kept separate
                            I can appreciate that 'comic book' tv shows aren't your thing but I can promise you that 'The Punisher' is nothing like any of the other Marvel shows. He's not a 'super hero' with any special powers but an ex-marine out for revenge. The violence is very brutal and also very graphic.

Comment

• Do you get Lucifer over there?
                              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                              Work Best When Open...
                              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                                Do you get Lucifer over there?
                                It's on Amazon.

Comment

Working...
                                X