Bates Motel - WATRB TV series catch up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by loneranger View Post
    Vikings is blinding. Think il bank a few then have a lazy afternoon watching a load. Yeah,walking dead save for a few minutes of the last season has been pony.the new misanthrope play a good part though I think.
    If you like Vikings mate, give 'The Last Kingdom' a go. if you haven't already. Actually think it's better myself

Comment

• Originally posted by UpperP View Post
      If you like Vikings mate, give 'The Last Kingdom' a go. if you haven't already. Actually think it's better myself
      Now now Uppers, better than Vikings? I think not! Last Kingdom ia an enjoyable romp, but it's already running out of steam in the 2nd series and compared to the inimitable Vikings, it's a bit soppy in places. Vikings is the daddy.

IMHO of course.

Comment

• I think someone previously recommended 'Bloodline'. I got half way through season 1 when it first came out and although I was enjoying it stopped watching it for some reason. Back in to it now and on season 2 of 3. A bit of a slow burner but give it a go and hopefully you won't be disappointed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
          Now now Uppers, better than Vikings? I think not! Last Kingdom ia an enjoyable romp, but it's already running out of steam in the 2nd series and compared to the inimitable Vikings, it's a bit soppy in places. Vikings is the daddy.

IMHO of course.
          I've had a few and didn't say what I meant very well. Agree Last Kingdom is not on par with Vikings and maybe only has one more series left in it. But it's easy to watch and has some excellent villains. The thing that winds me up with Vikings (maybe history backs it up), LK does it at times, but it makes them seem fearless warriors and the English soldiers cowardly and stupid.
          IMO of course :-)

Comment

• Billions season 2 was good, not as good as season 1 but still a solid 6/10.

Bates was brilliant, his acting is simply outstanding. There were a couple of things I wish they'd resolved (e.g the cheating husbands voicemail to Marion just after she'd chucked her phone)

I dont wanna post spoilers but the ending was great and not what I expected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeems View Post
              Billions season 2 was good, not as good as season 1 but still a solid 6/10.

Bates was brilliant, his acting is simply outstanding. There were a couple of things I wish they'd resolved (e.g the cheating husbands voicemail to Marion just after she'd chucked her phone)

I dont wanna post spoilers but the ending was great and not what I expected.
              I meant to post an update, as I finally got round to watching the last series a couple of months ago. I totally agree with you, Freddie Highmore's acting as Norman Bates is superb; the way he plays the multiple personality/schizophrenia is incredible. It reminded me of Gollum - both sides - the light and the dark - battling for control of Norman's mind. It's a rare TV drama that gets better each season, but Bates Motel certainly does. Brilliant stuff.

Comment

• Just watched a 6 part British drama called Fearless. It's about a bird solicitor who takes on cases most lawyers won't touch. Give it a try guys.

Comment

• Midnight Texas, seen the first 3 episodes, a bit OTT but good fun so far.

Comment

• Who's watching GoT latest series? What do you think? Many complaining it's dull and too heavy on explanation versus action. But...

*SPOILER ALERT!*

...wasn't the battle scene in the last episode absolutely epic??!! Wow.

Comment

Who's watching GoT latest series? What do you think? Many complaining it's dull and too heavy on explanation versus action. But...

*SPOILER ALERT!*

...wasn't the battle scene in the last episode absolutely epic??!! Wow.
                      Think it's been great myself. Need a plot to go with the action IMO. If you can I recommend watching it in 1080p HD.
                      My favourite characters are Aya Stark, the little fella and Jamie Lannister's bodyguard Bron?

Comment

Think it's been great myself. Need a plot to go with the action IMO. If you can I recommend watching it in 1080p HD.
                        My favourite characters are Aya Stark, the little fella and Jamie Lannister's bodyguard Bron?
                        I've certainly been enjoying it Uppers. I agree with you - Arya's a fantastic character - what an incredible journey she's been on to get back to Winterfell; [SPOILER ALERT - if you haven't watched previous series] they say revenge is a dish best eaten cold, and she's certainly made her enemies pay - the end of the last series where she got the vile Walder Frey to eat his own sons before cutting his throat was about as bloodthirsty and sweet a revenge as you can get. Tyrion Lannister is great - I love the actor who plays him - Peter Dinklage - saw him in the film the Station Agent years ago, thought he was brilliant then. Bronn is a loveable rogue - and obviously an actor well known to most I would think. I met him during the interval of a play a few years ago (my friend - also an actor - was a mate) and I told him how much we were enjoying his performance. Decent bloke Jerome Flynn.

Comment

• Just finished watching Ozark season 1 on Netflix. The comparisons to Breaking Bad are valid. Very similar albeit he is a money launderer rather than a drug dealer (although he launders drug money). Good acting and very promising. Hopeful for a season 2 renewal!

Onto Shooter season 2 - snipers, government coverups, hot wife. Pretty good show all round!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                            Just finished watching Ozark season 1 on Netflix. The comparisons to Breaking Bad are valid. Very similar albeit he is a money launderer rather than a drug dealer (although he launders drug money). Good acting and very promising. Hopeful for a season 2 renewal!

Onto Shooter season 2 - snipers, government coverups, hot wife. Pretty good show all round!
                            Enjoyed Ozark and Shooter is also a good watch.
                            If you enjoy cover ups, dodgy/bent coppers try Line of Duty and Fearless, two very good British dramas.

Comment

I've certainly been enjoying it Uppers. I agree with you - Arya's a fantastic character - what an incredible journey she's been on to get back to Winterfell; [SPOILER ALERT - if you haven't watched previous series] they say revenge is a dish best eaten cold, and she's certainly made her enemies pay - the end of the last series where she got the vile Walder Frey to eat his own sons before cutting his throat was about as bloodthirsty and sweet a revenge as you can get. Tyrion Lannister is great - I love the actor who plays him - Peter Dinklage - saw him in the film the Station Agent years ago, thought he was brilliant then. Bronn is a loveable rogue - and obviously an actor well known to most I would think. I met him during the interval of a play a few years ago (my friend - also an actor - was a mate) and I told him how much we were enjoying his performance. Decent bloke Jerome Flynn.
                              GOT just gets better and better. Only one episode left in this season and the next one will be the last. Spoiler alert
                              where did the white walkers get those chains from? Not the sort of thing you have lying about ;-)

Comment

GOT just gets better and better. Only one episode left in this season and the next one will be the last. Spoiler alert
                                where did the white walkers get those chains from? Not the sort of thing you have lying about ;-)
                                Haha, I though exactly the same thing. The problem with this season - for me - is that it's all rather predictable. Everything has been set up and now we're watching all the wheels turning in their set courses. It is certainly spectacular - as always - but it's lost it's edge. Hopefully there'll be a few more twists to surprise us.

Comment

Working...
                                X