X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huddlestone will want big money as he's a free

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
      Wow, uninspiring and a step backwards IMO.

Wouldnt mind TH though, I guess.
      Why would signing any of those be a step backwards?

Comment

One player im surprised hasn't been mentioned yet, and one you just know we'll be linked with yet again over the summer - Ravel Morrison

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
          One player im surprised hasn't been mentioned yet, and one you just know we'll be linked with yet again over the summer - Ravel Morrison
          I think the main reason for the lack of discussion on here at least is the form of Chery. I can't imagine either of them wanting to be benched and unless we put chery on the left or right, it would be difficult to accommodate them both.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Even if the players listed above leave, I think it is unlikely we will sign more than two or three players and they will probably come from the lower leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
              I think Lansbury will definitely be a target as will bostock( a rumour I heard)a and roofe.

I'm interested to see who we target to replace Phillips and hoilett if indeed they both go which I personally think they will.

I hope we look at the likes of dack at Gillingham.

Someone I hope we look at is odemwinge - shown he's prepared to drop divisions and get stuck into a dog fight. Some of his finishing for Bristol city has been class and I believe he's available on a free.
              Is it the "old" rumour, maidstone_hoop? He was mentioned as a possibility when the papers were linking us to quite many players who used to play for him.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                Got a feeling JFH wouldn't want him cos of his 'attitude problems'. There's a reason he's not fitted in anywhere for long...

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                  Got a feeling JFH wouldn't want him cos of his 'attitude problems'. There's a reason he's not fitted in anywhere for long...
                  Not saying I would want him, but his name always cropped up in these type of threads previously. You just know the press will link him with us as well.

I reckon JFH might fancy his chances on managing him if offered the chance.

Comment

Nicky Ajose - 24 yo - banging in for lower mid-table Swindon - current market value £150k apparently..

Comment

Or alternatively, Jonathan Obika, another great young striker, also from Swindon.

Comment

Also could nick Nathan Byrne off Wolves...

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                          If anyone thinks we'll be able to get championship players that are good enough for a promotion run on the prices we're going to offer, you may need to review the players. I think we're either gonna be looking at league 1 players who can step up or foreign players who want to prove themselves.
                          Absolutely. Our Parachute payments decrease this year and as Lee Hoo's had said previously, that was our largest stream of income last year. Obviously the club are trying to change that, but the excessive spending from previous seasons is going to change. I image (depending on who goes) we won't be spending more than 1m on most players.

Comment

Originally posted by deadendjob View Post
                            Absolutely. Our Parachute payments decrease this year and as Lee Hoo's had said previously, that was our largest stream of income last year. Obviously the club are trying to change that, but the excessive spending from previous seasons is going to change. I image (depending on who goes) we won't be spending more than 1m on most players.
                            Best way to go anyway. The players are out there just need to look in the right places.

Comment

Well I reckon we lose JFH as manager if he won't be able to buy a player for more than one million.

How much was Washington, one million or less?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                                Well I reckon we lose JFH as manager if he won't be able to buy a player for more than one million.

How much was Washington, one million or less?

Comment

Working...
                                X