Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: bitcoin price rising - alternatives for portfolio - tips for next big price rise

BTC nose-dived recently with that Chinese digital bank heist. Hope we don't get many more of those, as perhaps this is the new threat to crypto-currencies. But pleased to see it recovered and picking up well again. I imagine it'll plateau if/when the pound begins its own recovery.

Originally Posted by Stanley
    BTC nose-dived recently with that Chinese digital bank heist (hope we don't see many more of those!), but pleased to see it recovered and picking up well again. I imagine it'll plateau again if/when the pound begins its own recovery.
    It did indeed drop 30% after that heist, but it was a very brief drop and it soon recovered and then rose again. It's also very important to point out that - as with the previous Mt Gox heist in 2013 - the problem was with the security protocols of those particular exchanges - not with bitcoin itself.

It's also worth reminding ourselves here that what we are seeing is the uptake of something that is still new, but the only genuine comparison is gold. Gold over its historic trading period has had huge spikes and troughs since began to become a global trading currency thousands of years ago; what we are seeing with bitcoin is comparable with gold, except in super-compressed time, because it's digital. It may plateau, briefly, but the overall trend is undeniable.

The concern with these heists is that they become more frequent, but as you say, it's the security protocols that need improving, not bitcoin itself.

Also, I wonder how it's value will be affected when there's eventually no more coins left to mine, assuming that's a mathematical possibility?

Originally Posted by Stanley
    The concern with these heists is that they become more frequent, but as you say, it's the security protocols that need improving, not bitcoin itself.

Also, I wonder how it's value will be affected when there's eventually no more coins left to mine, assuming that's a mathematical possibility?
    Well if you think about it, in the digital age when mainstream digital bank heists are super common - just look at last week's Tesco's heist for example - or the number of times peoples' cards are cloned etc.etc. - then by comparison bitcoin is super-secure. And like you say Stan, those issues are with the exchanges themselves. Bitcoin is almost impossible to counterfeit as well - compared to standard currencies that's another massive plus.

When there are no more btc's left to mine its price could start to rise hugely (that's the prediction) - because it becomes a limited commodity - however, the fact is that bitcoins are potentially almost infinitely divisible, so what will happen is that people will be trading in much smaller denominations than 1 btc - a satoshi, for example, which is a one hundred millionth of a single bitcoin.

Hubble big thanks I'm the converted and besides silver (the worlds most undervalued asset) Bitcoin is the one. I own around 20 of these badboys and I will continue adding regardless.

Following the reset / dollar demise

Silver will be the money of the people
    Bitcoin the money of co-operations
    Gold the money of governments

There is no reason why Bitcoin couldn't hit seven figures in the future, the maths is astounding.

Short term Bitcoin to to rise to $1000 once it breaks $780 before falling back to $888 before a massive rise to $2000 in half the time it takes to get to $1000.

Price prediction $14000 end of 2017...these are not numbers thrown out there they are the result of complex algorithms and analysis using software 10 years ahead of the US Gov't's. PM me for details.

Cheers for the tip, it will be life changing.

Blog Entries

Originally Posted by MYU
    I found this UK site, is this okay to join?

https://bitbargain.co.uk/
    I use Coinbase because its straight forward got my limit up to $2500 now...make sure you get a separate offline wallet whoever you choose

8. Default

Originally Posted by W12_Ranger
    I use Coinbase because its straight forward got my limit up to $2500 now...make sure you get a separate offline wallet whoever you choose
    Why don't you ever post on football these days? You seem to enjoy gambling with shares and I appreciate that it's a full time job but you were a personality that has been missed.
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Originally Posted by W12_Ranger
    Hubble big thanks I'm the converted and besides silver (the worlds most undervalued asset) Bitcoin is the one. I own around 20 of these badboys and I will continue adding regardless.

Following the reset / dollar demise

Silver will be the money of the people
    Bitcoin the money of co-operations
    Gold the money of governments

There is no reason why Bitcoin couldn't hit seven figures in the future, the maths is astounding.

Short term Bitcoin to to rise to $1000 once it breaks $780 before falling back to $888 before a massive rise to $2000 in half the time it takes to get to $1000.

Price prediction $14000 end of 2017...these are not numbers thrown out there they are the result of complex algorithms and analysis using software 10 years ahead of the US Gov't's. PM me for details.

Cheers for the tip, it will be life changing.
    I've only just seen the follow up posts in these thread, but you're welcome mate, it's good to see another bitcoin advocate. Also enjoyed your analysis very much. Due to finances I've had to sell a few coins recently, which is painful, but c'est la vie. Considering I bought at 10 a coin, it's not a bad return!

Originally Posted by MYU
    I found this UK site, is this okay to join?

https://bitbargain.co.uk/
    It's got a decent rep MYU, but I recommend https://localbitcoins.com/ which I've traded on very recently and is UK based.

Oh, I recommend https://blockchain.info/wallet/#/ as a wallet, I've been using it since 2009.

12. Default

Got my wallet read up everything and yet still not straight forward. Saying you can't use credit, debit or PayPal so starting to lose the will to live hubble

Originally Posted by WeAreQPR12
    Got my wallet read up everything and yet still not straight forward. Saying you can't use credit, debit or PayPal so starting to lose the will to live hubble
    What site are you using Weare? On localbitcoins you can use all three. I take it you've set up an account with them, which includes providing your bank details and using their wallet (which has a unique identifier).The majority favour bank transfer for trading. My last trade there couldn't have been easier - I found a buyer, entered amount I wanted to sell - the bitcoins then go into 'escrow', as soon as I saw the money in my bank (literally seconds later), I released the bitcoins from escrow. You would be doing the opposite of course - buying from someone whose price you like. You enter the amount you want to buy, then transfer the money into their account. You will receive your bitcoins (or fraction thereof) into your wallet within minutes at most.

I know it can be a little daunting at first, that's why I recommend you do a very small trade to start with, to see how it works - like a fiver or something (basically find the smallest amount you can buy, each individual seller will have the details of their limits as part of their profile).

Let me know how you get on.

14. Default

Originally Posted by Hubble
    What site are you using Weare? On localbitcoins you can use all three. I take it you've set up an account with them, which includes providing your bank details and using their wallet (which has a unique identifier).The majority favour bank transfer for trading. My last trade there couldn't have been easier - I found a buyer, entered amount I wanted to sell - the bitcoins then go into 'escrow', as soon as I saw the money in my bank (literally seconds later), I released the bitcoins from escrow. You would be doing the opposite of course - buying from someone whose price you like. You enter the amount you want to buy, then transfer the money into their account. You will receive your bitcoins (or fraction thereof) into your wallet within minutes at most.

I know it can be a little daunting at first, that's why I recommend you do a very small trade to start with, to see how it works - like a fiver or something (basically find the smallest amount you can buy, each individual seller will have the details of their limits as part of their profile).

Let me know how you get on.
    I was using bit bargain, and like you say bank transfer and refuses my selections. Yeah got a 6 pound something to try out. Thanks for the info

Have you actually managed to trade yet? If not, try localbitcoins mate, I think they're very reliable.