Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: bitcoin price rising - alternatives for portfolio - tips for next big price rise

Excellent article, thanks for posting Stan. Every cryptocurrency doubter or cynic should read this; I've always said in order to understand crypto, you need to understand fiat currency first.

Bitcoin

One month ago: $19,086
    One week ago: $14,803

Now: $11,436

Originally Posted by Kevin Mcleod
    Bitcoin

One month ago: $19,086
    One week ago: $14,803

Now: $11,436
    Mad thing is it could legitimately be back to $19k this time next week mate. Proper roller coaster ride investing in Cryptocurrencies.
    Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
    Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

Yeah just keeping the thread up to date mate. Ill do the same when it goes back up

Lots of FUD and panic selling currently taking place caused by the continued Chinese and South Korean governments regulation on exchanges and wallets. Many saying now is an ideal time to buy in during this latest pull-back before the next market rally...

Beverly Glen Deli, with a bowl of blueberries and a hamburger

Originally Posted by Stanley
    Lots of FUD and panic selling currently taking place caused by the continued Chinese and South Korean governments regulation on exchanges and wallets. Many saying now is an ideal time to buy in during this latest pull-back before the next market rally...
    Are you still buying into bitcoin at this point Stan or are you happy with what you have?
    "When you look annoyed all the time, people think you're busy"

Originally Posted by Brian Wilson
    Are you still buying into bitcoin at this point Stan or are you happy with what you have?
    If I had any spare funds I would as it's always a good opportunity to buy in during pull-backs. I'd wait for it to plateau a bit first though, which it may well do around the $10k mark (seems to have roughly levelled there as I type). Also this was around the same price it was at the beginning of December. $10k was a huge milestone at the time and is what precipitated so many new investors coming in, as well as newbies as it also got extensive MSM coverage for the first time then. However the parabolic run it then went on was always going to be unsustainable as it was far to rapid. The healthiest growths are always the slower and gradual ones.

This guy provides some excellent technical analysis on the current situation IMO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPo6bE1SJYE

Very sane position Stan.

The rise in msm coverage before Christmas was ridiculous.
    Absolute radio were even giving one away as a prize in a competition.
    Be interesting to see whether the media home in on it again if it starts to rise some time soon.
    An increase to 100k by the end of the year as some have predicted would be nice, then again so would Emily Ratajowsky sitting on my face.
    He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long

I'm actually giving some serious thought to buying some Bitcoin. I've been saying for a while now if I see a major dip (or correction), I'd be keeping an eye out for rock bottom and would try to get in at that point. Perhaps that point was yesterday afternoon when it briefly dropped below $10k. Unfortunately I wasn't keeping a close enough eye on things yesterday and may have missed my cue. I suspect even at around $11k where it is currently sat, it is still probably a good bet!
    Last edited by Tarbie; 18-01-2018 at 08:12 AM.
    Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
    Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

Originally Posted by Tarbie
    I'm actually giving some serious thought to buying some Bitcoin. I've been saying for a while now if I see a major dip (or correction), I'd be keeping an eye out for rock bottom and would try to get in at that point. Perhaps that point was yesterday afternoon when it briefly dropped below $10k. Unfortunately I wasn't keeping a close enough eye on things yesterday and may have missed my cue. I suspect even at around $11k where it is currently sat, it is still probably a good bet!
    Yeah I mentioned yesterday Bitcoin was likely to get some support at around 10k which turned out to be the case. BTC (at $11k) would be the more prudent buy now as opposed to alt coins IMO. You also get mini-dips during working hours in the far east with all the selling currently taking place there, so that early hours little window is often good to take advantage of.

It could always drop even further though if the current overall dip continues. I reckon that's less likely though - but either way still a good time to buy if you have funds available. The lesson I've taken from all this is always to skim a proportion of profits from my alt coin positions during the large rallies (especially if they match or surpass their all-time highs), and plough those back into BTC. Then only re-invest in your alts if they're undervalued, or on the dips (presuming you still have faith in them). Appreciate most people here are just focused on BTC though, in which case you can always cash out profits into Fiat during the highs, then re-invest that on the dips.

Alternatively just stick it all in a hardware wallet, forget about it for 5 years and you'll still most likely come out on top :-)

The only thing that surprises me is how this financial scam has lasted for so long.
    Hopefully the US dollar will plummet soon as well, not worth more than toilet paper.
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Beverly Glen Deli, with a bowl of blueberries and a hamburger

Originally Posted by Kirill
    The only thing that surprises me is how this financial scam has lasted for so long.
    Hopefully the US dollar will plummet soon as well, not worth more than toilet paper.
    Who is getting scammed Kirill?
    "When you look annoyed all the time, people think you're busy"

15. Default

Originally Posted by Brian Wilson
    Who is getting scammed Kirill?
    Some people simply don't understand how VCs actually work. If you don't get it, you think its a wrong un. Some of people have made a lot of money mining, true, but compared to banks.......

If Bitcoin is a scam, then conventional currencies are way way bigger ones.