Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 69 of 69

Thread: bitcoin price rising - alternatives for portfolio - tips for next big price rise

  1. Default

    be interesting to look at a graph with bitcoin on one axis and precious metals on the other. I have a suspicion that they're beginning to mirror each other.

    An inevitable consequence of one world, lots of borders. Sadly.

  2. #62

    Default Unique new development...

    Ethereum (and other cryptocurrencies) soar as Bitcoin plummets: http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/17/bitco...-ethereum.html

  3. #63

    Default

    Originally Posted by Stanley
    Ethereum (and other cryptocurrencies) soar as Bitcoin plummets: http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/17/bitco...-ethereum.html
    Thanks for posting Stan, very interesting developement. You'll note in my OP I suggested Ethereum as a hedge. I converted 0.5 btc into eth at the time. BTC currently 842.75 - still superb performance overall - and as I said, there will be plenty of peaks and troughs on the graph as it ultimately trends upwards. Eth hasn't really done much tbf, but it has fantastic potential due to its underlying tech.

  4. #64

    Default

    Originally Posted by Hubble
    Thanks for posting Stan, very interesting developement. You'll note in my OP I suggested Ethereum as a hedge. I converted 0.5 btc into eth at the time. BTC currently 842.75 - still superb performance overall - and as I said, there will be plenty of peaks and troughs on the graph as it ultimately trends upwards. Eth hasn't really done much tbf, but it has fantastic potential due to its underlying tech.
    Yes I took your advice at the time and bought a little ETH too :-)

  5. #65

    Default

    Originally Posted by Stanley
    Yes I took your advice at the time and bought a little ETH too :-)
    Hey, I'm glad you took my advice Stan!

    Eth today's price 41.45, I think it was about 9.00 when I recommended it. Bitcoin currently 743.73 - this is a great time to buy I think. Not sure how low it will go - it's all about how the market responds to the fork and what happens next. Long-term, it will go big, IMO.

  6. #66

    Default

    A cycle I've noticed over the last year is how BTC rises then suddenly plummets, then gradually rises again. Seems to repeat this process within the ranges of roughly 750 to 1100 per Bitcoin. It's currently now on the slow rise again at 878 following the recent plummet.

  7. #67

    Default

    Originally Posted by Stanley
    A cycle I've noticed over the last year is how BTC rises then suddenly plummets, then gradually rises again. Seems to repeat this process within the ranges of roughly 750 to 1100 per Bitcoin. It's currently now on the slow rise again at 878 following the recent plummet.
    Yes, what's interesting is that this reflects user confidence in real time - but as I said somewhere else on this subject, it's very similar to what happened with gold as a currency historically, except over a super-compressed timescale, as any market reactions are now instant. But the ultimate trajectory is upwards. The variation in the last 6 months is between a much higher base rate/top rate than the previous two years, which shows basic user acceptance is strong.

  8. #68

    Default

    Bitcoin has recently been accepted as legal tender in Japan. This is big, BIG news for the cryptocurrency, further legitimising its long-term use. No surprise it's soaring again then, currently 969.75.

  9. #69

    Thumbs up

    Ethereum also up by 75% in the last year.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •