Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: bitcoin price rising - alternatives for portfolio - tips for next big price rise

Originally Posted by Jeems
    Its official, Hubs is funding our new training ground, stadium and January transfer window

It's not just Bitcoin that's thriving but several other crypto-currencies too, such as Litecoin, Ethereum, Iota, Monero etc.

Originally Posted by Stanley
    It's not just Bitcoin that's thriving but several other crypto-currencies too, such as Litecoin, Ethereum, Iota, Monero etc.
    Yes indeed. As you know, I tipped Eth at the start of this thread. It had the incredible endorsement of being backed personally by Putin recently. The Russians seem far more savvy about crypto than Western governments. Ditto the Chinese - who are actually developing their own cryptocurrency, that will definitely be one to watch. All those you've mentioned Stan have great potential. If you already had bitcoin, diversifying some of it into a portfolio of crypto is a really good idea.

Understandably, Hubble tends to post BTC updates during the bull markets. Keep in mind however that the smarter time to invest is during the bear markets (when it's cheaper) like the one cryptos are currently going through right across the board. These also tend to follow sharp spikes (bull markets) when that rapid but temporary rate of growth is unsustainable. IOW observe the charts and check for the dip trends: https://www.worldcoinindex.com/

I'd hardly call it a correction when its 11% down vs the 80% rise in August alone!

Originally Posted by Jeems
    I'd hardly call it a correction when its 11% down vs the 80% rise in August alone!
    As I say, the current price plunge is right across the cryptosphere in light of China's announcement to ban ICO's. The main point being made though is these are the smarter times to buy, not during the upward trends.

Two 'hard forks' coming up soon, very good time to buy IMO, even though it's currently at an all time high (partly for this vey reason).

Oh, I should add that if you have bitcoin before each fork, you will get an exact equivalent in the new currency (provided your coins are in a participating wallet), so really worth it for that reason as well. Most of us holding btc before the last fork automatically got the equivalent in bitcoin cash).

As you were - the fork is not going ahead (apparently). However the price is now surging on the new certainty in the system.

Originally Posted by Kevin Mcleod
    Looks like a dead link Kevin...

Originally Posted by Kevin Mcleod
    Link works for me. Excellent news. Bitcoin truly hits the mainstream, with tacit MSM endorsement. Here we go folks.

It worked on another browser. It's a redirect from Twitter. Here's the direct link if it's not working for others: https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/15/bitc...-currency.html

Wall Street is coming in too now with Bitcoin having the CME futures launch for trading by December - meaning a large influx of money for Bitcoin.

You can start hearing the footsteps of the herd now...

#### me - close to 9.5k today. The sky is the limit it seems. People who were saying it could reach $100k re now revising their figures upwards. Since bitcoin is now seen as a store of value equivalent to gold (and rapidly superseding gold in that role perhaps), people are saying the true value of bitcoin could (relatively) soon be equivalent to the true value of gold.

This is from a friend of mine:

"I think the price of each bitcoin could head toward around $400,000 over the coming years. Possibly higher due to added utility value and a few other factors.Gold is used as the present store of value but it is being replaced by Bitcoin, as can already be noticed at gold exchanges.
    Estimates vary, but say there are around 200,000 tones of gold on the planet. A tonne of gold is worth around $40 million. Dividing that by 21 million (total number of bitcoins that can exist) gives you around $400,000."

So even though the price is soaring, it still looks a great investment bet.