No announcement yet.

Old Oak Common latest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and I'd so much rather we had nothing to do with him or that area now. Would rather stay in the 1960's and forgo a new stadium than pander to his greed and ego.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      It's him saying stadium is not good idea not the people driving the old oak project it's his personal view and the view of a desperate man trying to sway opinion as probably clocked there backs are against the wall
      LOL

You sure haha. QPR want what he's got. He's under no pressure at all. QPR are for spouting off and giving it large prematurely.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
        Erm because he's a QPR fan.

Getting his point across fairly as QPR seem to be doing a lot of talking (bull$hitting?)

Nothing wrong with transparency.
        Wake up mate. He just wants more money!! As clough would say, He may not be the greediest QPR fan ever but he's in the top one.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
          Wake up mate. He just wants more money!! As clough would say, He may not be the greediest QPR fan ever but he's in the top one.
          Yes he wants more money and why shouldn't he?!!!!

Like I said. Naive.

Comment

We have therefore been developing a masterplan over the last 18 months that responds to this by creating up to 7,000 new homes, supporting up to 8,000 jobs and putting programmes in place to ensure local people can access these opportunities. There will be a new London Overground Station and fourteen new bridges and underpasses to connect into the communities around us, ensuring the new parks, canal-side environment and community facilities are accessible for everyone to enjoy.

At the heart of our plans is a new cultural quarter with a state of the art sports and concert stadium to rival any in the country, that will attract millions of visitors a year, create hundreds of new jobs and boost the local economy with activity throughout the day and the evening, as well as establishing a strong identity for Old Oak Park as a whole. Anchoring this cultural quarter will be a world-famous institution and visitor attraction of national significance that will also deliver an outreach programme with schools and the local community.

How out of place would the added parts in black look to the plans for the area he's so pleased about. Can't see it being anything but beneficial to the area.

Comment

Yes he wants more money and why shouldn't he?!!!!

Like I said. Naive.
              So he's only sending the email to get his point across? No chance

Comment

So he's only sending the email to get his point across? No chance
                Probably sick of QPR putting out continuous quotes and media literature when they've no right to and he's putting people in the picture.

Nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Probably sick of QPR putting out continuous quotes and media literature when they've no right to and he's putting people in the picture.

Nothing wrong with that.
                  We could go on all night on this. Just have to agree to disagree on the guys intentions.

Comment

Could someone clever with words like Hubbs etc email him back and ask him why he's so against a sports and concert stadium in an area that's going to be buzzing?

Comment

We could go on all night on this. Just have to agree to disagree on the guys intentions.
                      Nothing to disagree about. He wants more money. He's not doing it for free is he.

As I said and rightly so. Think with your brain, not your heart.

Jimmy's daily tip

Comment

.He is only MD of Car Giant not the owner, he is just the mouth piece for his boss, doubt if he has any say what so ever on the plans.

Comment

some interesting tweets from a local journalist...

Rob Brennan ‏@RobBrennan82 40 minutes ago

My understanding is Cargiant have offered to sell #QPR land elsewhere in w London but it would just be for a stadium. #QPR want houses etc

Rob Brennan ‏@RobBrennan82 40 minutes ago

#QPR have definitely looked at land on other sections of OOC but some of that land is very, very expensive. Where the banks will end up...

Rob Brennan ‏@RobBrennan82 2 minutes ago

I do think #QPR will get a new stadium. I'd imagine I'll be well into my 40s when it opens & really couldn't say where it will be built.

https://twitter.com/RobBrennan82

Comment

I think we will all be making the journey to Loftus Road for the rather long foreseeable future , the only other option I can see would be moving us miles out of town or doing a ground share for a while.

Comment

I totally agree with west, and all car giant are trying to do, is get the best price for their land. Let's looks at the facts using common sense. Would a giant car park be beneficial to these plans of making that part of London more upmarket make any sense? Unfortunately I have been to car giant and I can tell you it's a shi t hole. Its like building a golf course but asking the members to accept not having a clubhouse because we think a portacabin is acceptable, which just shows you what a rough feel it would add to these impressive plans. The company even have a 100 pound admin charge, which is the most ridiculous way to run a business with hidden charges, they will try every way to squeeze more money out of the customer/buyer of this very unprofessional business. I can't believe any fan could take them serious, they spout boll ocks like they do every day of the WK.
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

LOL

You sure haha. QPR want what he's got. He's under no pressure at all. QPR are for spouting off and giving it large prematurely.
                                So there in the driving seat sailing in calm waters 100% sure they're plans will succeed. So what's the point of the long statement??? Just keep mouth shut (CG) and wait for you plans to be passed the statement is pointless.

As others have said its a game but I actually think we're playing it better then CG as every time we mention stadium even small sound bite like the other day which was like 30sec of three part interview CG can't wait to get a statement out Contradicting us but there supposed to be in driving seat. Usually in life it's those making most noise that are most insecure

Currently feels like their our puppet and they dance to our tune
                                Last edited by West Acton; 11-03-2016, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X