No announcement yet.

Old Oak Common latest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its quite clear that we'll need a CPO to buy the land required for a stadium and they don't think we have any grounds to do so… will drag on and on and on and on.

Forget the stadium, lets have the promised training ground first shall we!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
      Can't see what he's written that's so odd to people.

He's been pretty clear and I presume honest. QPR seem to be the ones using underhand tactics. Models of the supposed new ground before any agreements, fan consultations on it when we don't even own the land & so on.

He's been there 30 years and employs many staff. Why should they say how high, just because QPR say jump?

I'm not fussed about a new ground personally as I love LR for all its faults, but you can't fault a man for standing up against what he sees as bully boy tactics.
      Until we had announced our intention to build a new stadium, I don't recall ever having heard Car Giant state any intention to redevelop. They may well have done, but not being local I wasn't aware. And to be fair, if we hadn't expressed our intentions, I doubt if I would have been aware of their plans even now.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
        Until we had announced our intention to build a new stadium, I don't recall ever having heard Car Giant state any intention to redevelop. They may well have done, but not being local I wasn't aware. And to be fair, if we hadn't expressed our intentions, I doubt if I would have been aware of their plans even now.
        Your spot on smoke and mirrors

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
          Can't see what he's written that's so odd to people.

He's been pretty clear and I presume honest. QPR seem to be the ones using underhand tactics. Models of the supposed new ground before any agreements, fan consultations on it when we don't even own the land & so on.

He's been there 30 years and employs many staff. Why should they say how high, just because QPR say jump?

I'm not fussed about a new ground personally as I love LR for all its faults, but you can't fault a man for standing up against what he sees as bully boy tactics.
          It's not the type of thing an MD of a company does. Why is he wasting time writing to qpr fans. It's not politics

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
            It's not the type of thing an MD of a company does. Why is he wasting time writing to qpr fans. It's not politics
            He's actually a QPR fan himself.

Comment

I'm in the market for a car, and they can duck right off!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                He's actually a QPR fan himself.
                This was from the MD of Car Giant not a QPR fan.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                  He just so happens to be a fan mel.

Not much of one though, judging by his behaviour.

Comment

Question is with all that 'it's going to be such a massive tourist area and cultural experience etc etc etc' why the fark are they so against a sports and concert stadium?
                    Cos they are greedy and money grabbing and no other reason, that's why.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                      Erm because he's a QPR fan.

Getting his point across fairly as QPR seem to be doing a lot of talking (bull$hitting?)

Nothing wrong with transparency.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                        *facepalm*

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          Question is with all that 'it's going to be such a massive tourist area and cultural experience etc etc etc' why the fark are they so against a sports and concert stadium?
                          It's called business.

Christ. Some reallyyyy naive folk on here.

It's life changing movements on both sides. Why on earth would someone take less than they're worth?! Not many business minds here clearly. You don't make business decisions because you support a football club ffs. Wake up peeps.

Comment

I know all of that but he's hardly being accommodating and working side by side with the club he supports is he. A stadium would be a superb aqusition to that new dwevelopment, but he doesnt want one eh. Greed is business to some.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              It's him saying stadium is not good idea not the people driving the old oak project it's his personal view and the view of a desperate man trying to sway opinion as probably clocked there backs are against the wall

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                                It's him saying stadium is not good idea not the people driving the old oak project it's his personal view and the view of a desperate man trying to sway opinion as probably clocked there backs are against the wall
                                Yep.

Comment

Working...
                                X