No announcement yet.

Realistic Transfer Targets This Summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realistic Transfer Targets This Summer?

Looking ahead to the summer rebuild, which barring a major collapse, will involve us preparing for another season in the championship.
    There will be quite a few players heading out, either out of contract or loanees returning to their parent club.
    This gives us a good chance to start from scratch, and look at quality over quantity.
    Money will no doubt be available to the manager, but will need to be smart with it (like we've seen in January).
    I don't like saying it, as we've been in a similar position, but should we look to exploit Bolton's financial situation and raid them for one or two players (Spearing/Clough?). Tom Huddlestone frozen out at Hull and a free agent this summer, would he be a worth while signing? Any league 1/2 players you feel we should be looking at?

I think we could have the makings of a very good squad if we get it right this summer. I do feel we need 3 signings though, key players, to give us a stronger spine in CB,CM and ST, which is where the bulk of the 16/17 budget should be spent imo.

Roofe at Oxford should 100% be enquirey about. As should Bradley dack

Comment

Konchesky and Angella aren't they the only loans we have - thats 2 defenders going away

Comment

Would like to see us go after Nahki Wells.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
          Would like to see us go after Nahki Wells.
          Him and roofe would be realistic signings has we have never been blessed with 3 forwards for god knows how long, (half Decent) ones I meen, we definitely need a decent RB, but TBF we will have to sell all the big earners first to bring in some dosh and take it from there but will probably lose out on roofe has we take forever in the transfer market
          You Rsssssss

Comment

Probably need to find out the FFP decision before we can estimate what our budget will be. (if we are even allowed to buy players) Reckon Tom Huddlestone will be on/want too much money for our new philosophy on spending

Comment

Stefan Johansen(midfield) and James Forrest(Winger)from Celtic. Clough from Bolton. Emyr Huws is also a player some from time to time have mentioned? Two fullbacks and one CB are also needed, I think. But Who? I´m not sure at all. Finally, I would like us to give Diakite a chance to prove himself.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
                Konchesky and Angella aren't they the only loans we have - thats 2 defenders going away
                Correct. We should be fine at left back, but one or two CBs will be needed with Hill retiring.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                  Stefan Johansen(midfield) and James Forrest(Winger)from Celtic. Clough from Bolton. Emyr Huws is also a player some from time to time have mentioned? Two fullbacks and one CB are also needed, I think. But Who? I´m not sure at all. Finally, I would like us to give Diakite a chance to prove himself.
                  We were linked with Huws back in January, so that one looks a real possibility this summer.

Diakite is out of contract end of season. Not a chance he'll be retained.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                    Johansen is surely unrealistic? A top player in that side and should be going to the prem if anywhere. Agree with Forrest, Clough, Huws (Faurlin 2.0). Add Roofe in as discussed above and the two fullbacks and centre backs and we'll be swell.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Burton players but can't name anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                        Burton players but can't name anyone.
                        Assuming this is a dig or joke at JFH, he's only brought in one player from Burton and that was someone he himself brought into Burton. That guy is probably the most interesting player we have at the moment alongside Conor so I'd say its not a bad thing that he brings in people he knows. Just needs a good mix of known and unknown. Chances are if JFH knows someone from historical work, someone else will know them and will know how to deal with them.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                          Assuming this is a dig or joke at JFH, he's only brought in one player from Burton and that was someone he himself brought into Burton. That guy is probably the most interesting player we have at the moment alongside Conor so I'd say its not a bad thing that he brings in people he knows. Just needs a good mix of known and unknown. Chances are if JFH knows someone from historical work, someone else will know them and will know how to deal with them.
                          Which reminds me, John Bostock was rumoured to be a target. Played under JFH in Holland if I'm not mistaken. Could be another one the club is looking at for the summer.

Comment

I haven't criticized Jimmy Draw Hasselbaink so wasn't a dig at him, but I think we'll only sign players from lower leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                              I haven't criticized Jimmy Draw Hasselbaink so wasn't a dig at him, but I think we'll only sign players from lower leagues.
                              Haven't criticised - Proceeds to criticise. We'll only sign players who want to grow with us. If they are lower league, so be it.

Comment

Working...
                              X