Jimmy rings the changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
    Bl00dy hell didn't realize that. Makes it an even better point! My pal text me on his way back saying that Hall, in particular, was brilliant last night.
    Pleased he's found form again as last few games he's been bit patchy but I like the guy big future

Comment

Very very satisfied with that result last night, but even more than that, the performance. We all knew it was gonna be a tough one and there would be times we would be under the cosh. But bar the goal, we defended brilliantly all night, and never gave up for a second. Quite proud of that last night. Onwards.
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I think that Jimmy is doing ok. I would prefer it, if he had tried out more of the squad so he knew what they could do in a game away from the training ground. 20 mins of Diakite or Blackwood, and then if they don't impress it is easier for him to move on. I also wish he would be more inventive in his use of subs. I still think he is quite reactive with these, and would like him to spot weaknesses and adjust personnel before the opposition exploits the situation and scores from it.
        If (as I think we all expect) we are secure and will be in the championship next year, experimenting with youth and players on the fringe seems a wise long-term investment.

Comment

Originally posted by Southport View Post
          I think that Jimmy is doing ok. I would prefer it, if he had tried out more of the squad so he knew what they could do in a game away from the training ground. 20 mins of Diakite or Blackwood, and then if they don't impress it is easier for him to move on. I also wish he would be more inventive in his use of subs. I still think he is quite reactive with these, and would like him to spot weaknesses and adjust personnel before the opposition exploits the situation and scores from it.
          If (as I think we all expect) we are secure and will be in the championship next year, experimenting with youth and players on the fringe seems a wise long-term investment.
          I expect to see that when we are guaranteed safe. I think Jimmy is erring on the side of caution at the moment, while slowly integrating new players. I think he's doing a pretty good job of it. Blackwood is an enigma. Am I right in thinking he hasn't featured in any game for us yet? Maybe he's just not up to it. It's the other youngsters I'm keen to see become integrated: Robinson, Kpekawa, Furlong, Petrasso...

Comment

Blackwood can't even get a start for the under 21st so somethings not right,

Comment

Everything we heard about JFH when he joined was he likes to keep it tight and that has mainly been borne out (forgetting Fulham!). In my view we have needed someone to do this for a while. Defensively we have been awful. If he spends the rest of this season doing that and the summer looking more at recruiting for offensive side of game hopefully will do well.

We can't keep chopping and changing and there will be no overnight success.

Being based near Brighton have seen them spend very little last summer but recruit wisely and they have built a good side. You don't have to spend a fortune. Looking at what Brighton had brought in on paper I thought they might struggle and we would finish way ahead of them! I've been reminded of that by Brighton fans, with efficient regularity! A lot of it is about balance and I think it has been several seasons since we had anything like a balanced squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                We are a hard team to beat. Solid unit. (have only conceded more than 1 in 4 games out of 14 under JFH) If we can take that into the summer, bring in attackers and work on scoring goals then things could be promising
                This is spot on.

Once you become hard to beat the confidence starts to flow throughout the side. Getting a goal and having the confidence to think/know the opposition isn't going to score will lead to dominating teams.

Early days but we are starting to get the basics right.

IMO, Fulham was a one-off.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                  Everything we heard about JFH when he joined was he likes to keep it tight and that has mainly been borne out (forgetting Fulham!). In my view we have needed someone to do this for a while. Defensively we have been awful. If he spends the rest of this season doing that and the summer looking more at recruiting for offensive side of game hopefully will do well.

We can't keep chopping and changing and there will be no overnight success.

Being based near Brighton have seen them spend very little last summer but recruit wisely and they have built a good side. You don't have to spend a fortune. Looking at what Brighton had brought in on paper I thought they might struggle and we would finish way ahead of them! I've been reminded of that by Brighton fans, with efficient regularity! A lot of it is about balance and I think it has been several seasons since we had anything like a balanced squad.
                  I think Brighton have done well this season but they were bang-average at our place and I have honestly yet to see a really good team at HQ this year bar (I am afraid to say) Fulham. There will be three very poor sides going up this year imo.

Comment

"Build from the back", they say. Not sure this was the case with our 74/75-team. But Everton did it sucessfully in the early or mid 80`s.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                      "Build from the back", they say. Not sure this was the case with our 74/75-team. But Everton did it sucessfully in the early or mid 80`s.
                      Think you mean Arsenal. It was George Graham's mantra.

Comment

Working...
                      X