No announcement yet.

I miss Adel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the best footballers to watch at Qpr a thrill to see him on the pitch scoring and setting up chance after chance
    R's

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
      It's actually disheartening seeing that and realising that only one or two of those goals were in the last 3 years of football.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by SteveQPR1975 View Post
        One of the best footballers to watch at Qpr a thrill to see him on the pitch scoring and setting up chance after chance
        Whatever his faults I'm disappointed about how some turn on him, gave us one great season. We are one of the very few fan bases that without hesitation ridicule players that have done more for us than 99% of our players. Sir Les and Adel, unbelievable. However critical of Polter and you're treated as the anti Christ.

Comment

Adel will never play again in a hoop shirt, he lost the plot at least 3 years back, failed at spurs, one season at QPR, ponced at the Fools, wasted his chance at Benfica and had only a brief spell of form at Inter

Have him back never unless he had/has a complete make over and paid on a week by week basis
          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

What ever people say about him he was a brilliant player on his day and we have never replaced him,its a shame he wasted his talent but I would have him back tomorrow.

Comment

He was mustard loved it when his name was on the team sheet
              R's

Comment

Does he play at all these days?
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

adel sadly will never reach those dizzy heights again. talent sometimes is given to the wrong people

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                    Adel will never play again in a hoop shirt, he lost the plot at least 3 years back, failed at spurs, one season at QPR, ponced at the Fools, wasted his chance at Benfica and had only a brief spell of form at Inter

Have him back never unless he had/has a complete make over and paid on a week by week basis
                    He never played for Inter. Yes he had his moments of discontent but i think the writing was on the wall for him ever since Redknapp became our manager. No matter how committed or fit Adel was or could have been i don't think Redknapp would have picked him as he clearly didn't like him and he made that clear when he was Tottenham's manager. Just a shame he never had the drive and determination of Ronaldo or Messi. I think he has has a very bad agent who has done him no favours and dare i say it he could of even been suffering with a form of anxiety and depression. Something has to be wrong with his thought process to have had so much potential but to have thrown it all away in such dramatic style. I think he needs help not criticism.

Comment

I loved the geezer, He was fantastic at times but believed in his own hype. He thought he was a lot better than he was. Never done it at Prem level. It's a shame to see what has happened to him know but tough titty. He has no one to blame but himself.
                      C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

I think the end of AT at QPR was more telling of how the club acted than the individual IMHO.
                        That 2010/11 team was too quickly dismantled ...following promotion general euphoria followed including getting in premiership ready players like Barton and SWP on ridiculous wages and long contracts, plus talk of 40000 stadium ..the old guard was discarded.
                        We as a small club had unearthed a gem with AT and any interviews I saw he truly loved us, lot of talk at the time in the press but any first hand accounts were always favourable. Joey was given the armband and a £80k p/w salary and AT was on what £15kp/w and stripped of the captaincy. Things just got worse ....
                        All hypothetical as AT did always appeared to want to play for a bigger team but I thought back in 2011 we should have concentrated on galvanising the team that got us up and try to push the club forward around players like AT that got us up rather than mercenaries and failed/injured/lastpayday premiership players. Whatever we thought about AT he must have looked bemused at players coming in like Luke Young on £35k p/w.
                        Last edited by TBLOCKRANGER; 18-02-2016, 10:14 PM.

Comment

I found it very I interesting listening to hogan Ephraim podcast on loftforwords forum. If you haven't listened http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footbal...ers/news/41438

Comment

Good thread James.

One of the things that turned me off this forum quite a bit was how quite unbelievably disrespectful so many fans are about the most skilful player by a mile to have worn the hoops for 30 years or more.

But hey, Jamie Mackie is welcomed back with open arms.

Gives me no pleasure to say it, but some fans really do deserve the crap they get to watch these days.

Comment

Whenever he played for us champs or prem he was always a joy to watch...I found that whenever he scored at loftus road the place erupted..most of us wanted to see him succeed.
                              We looked a lot better with him in the side, without him dull boring and shyte.

Hope he gets his career back on track. Still only 26.
                              Last edited by SuperHoopNik; 19-02-2016, 01:24 AM.
                              "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

The donkey Redknapp was never going to get anything out of Adel. Few could. Perhaps only Warnock, but its too late now. He's at Rotherham, instead of here as he should have been. Meanwhile, we fight to stay up alongside Rotherham when we should have been looking at a play-off place.

Comment

Working...
                                X