Hasselbaink out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hasselbaink out

That disgraceful display on Saturday was the final straw.

In just 13 games JFH has managed to destroy the shape and discipline Warnock instilled during his short time here.

Let's review his record so far...

2 wins in 13...appalling start for a new manager

Humiliated at home by local rivals, who are 18th in the league, yet were made to look like the Brazil 1970 side.

Knocked out of the cup

A style of play which seems to involve hoofing the ball forward aimlessly and not much else - 'pressing game', yeah right, really?

Persistence in selecting absolutely terrible/underperforming/lazy players - Fer, Phillips and now Tos$er.

Bizarre substitutions

I could go on for hours...the bloke is completely clueless. If he's left in charge over the summer you can write off another season.

No doubt people will respond suggesting 'he needs time' - if managers need so much time to get a team doing the basics right, please explain the impact of Warnock within a few weeks, Rowett at Birmingham, Hughton at Brighton, the Norwich bloke who was brought in midway through the season and got them promoted? Could offer countless examples to illustrate this point. He's had over ten games now - more than enough time to make a positive change.

Face up to it folks - he's just not very good. The Board should be ruthless and get rid of him after that disgraceful display. Hey, maybe they could even bring in someone who knows the division; someone with, you know, a bit of experience? Probably too much to expect from Uncle Phony and the moronic Ferdinand.

That was one of the most pitiful displays I've seen in years, which really is saying something after the rubbish we've witnessed. Heads should roll - and they would do if the club were run like a business and not like an Eastern bloc era dictatorship.

Genuinely ridiculous OP.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

What impact of Warnock? Two 1-0's one loss and one 0-0. Plus we also had Austin and Sandro in the Leeds game which without them would have been a draw or loss. Petrasso and Hoilett were the main positives both of which arent playing. Losing our best player and goalscorer hasnt helped JFH.

No manager will improve our squad until we can bring in more players in defence and so on. JFH has made the right signings and moves and there are positives. This season is a right off and this summer I trust him to bring in the right players and we automatically gain so much from all the contracts ending.

Fulham whilst they were miles better than us on Saturday, partially due to our poor display and partially due to how bad we played. We had chances, maybe it should have been a sending off, could we have got a point had Perch header gone in.

Comment

Although I can't argue against a lot of what the OP is saying I still think we have give him the rest of the season, if it doesn't start to improve by then maybe the club have to look at ending this rolling contract thing! I know some will say it's not his team, he has had a chance to bring in a few players and must show that he can get what is at his disposal selected properly and use the right formations and tactics!
        @gatorTFC

Comment

You do realise that in his first season, Hughton was close to being relegated with Brighton, despite them being in the play-offs the previous season under a different manager, don't you?

Comment

2 wins in 13 is shocking and perofrmances have been dire. His lack of experience is also concerning and feel he only got the job because of his history as a player. His management record alone would not have got him a big job in the championship. Having said all that, we are stuck with him. You have to give him more than 13 games and you have to give him to at least Christmas if not the entire season or most of it. I hope he proves me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
              What impact of Warnock? Two 1-0's one loss and one 0-0. Plus we also had Austin and Sandro in the Leeds game which without them would have been a draw or loss. Petrasso and Hoilett were the main positives both of which arent playing. Losing our best player and goalscorer hasnt helped JFH.

No manager will improve our squad until we can bring in more players in defence and so on. JFH has made the right signings and moves and there are positives. This season is a right off and this summer I trust him to bring in the right players and we automatically gain so much from all the contracts ending.

Fulham whilst they were miles better than us on Saturday, partially due to our poor display and partially due to how bad we played. We had chances, maybe it should have been a sending off, could we have got a point had Perch header gone in.

F acking hell. Do you really, seriously think that fella??? Wow.

I agree with the OP but realistically think JFH has until the end of the season. We are so poori can't even think of a team to play at Bolton. It certainly requires Ned, T osser, Phillips and Konchelsky being dropped. But having to rely on the BFG up front with Washington. Sigh.

Comment

Awful thread

Performances have been shocking you say?? Well they have been awful going all the way back to Warnock's first stint hence his sacking and they remained awful under Hughes Harry and Ramsey.

Humiliated you say well again beaten terribly at Fulham under Warnock, went how many games under Hughes without a win was it 10 and failed to win an away game in five months under Harry shipping four goals in most

The club is in transition. You all call for stability and to spend within our means well hello wake up and smell the coffee this is what stability and sensible spending tastes like

Comment

Ah it's the Godfather, the lesser spotted realist.
                  Comes swooping in every time we lose with a stealth knee jerk 'everyone out' thread.
                  Hits and rangers77 etc swarm around agreeing with him like he's the messiah as well.
                  By the way Hits is late this morning? Surely got a lot more milking to do out of a pish poor home defeat to our fiercest rivals?
                  Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 15-02-2016, 08:16 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=The Godfather;1517640

Knocked out of the cup.[/QUOTE]

If we sacked a manager every time this happened we'd never have one longer than 4 months.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                      You do realise that in his first season, Hughton was close to being relegated with Brighton, despite them being in the play-offs the previous season under a different manager, don't you?
                      In hindsight Hughton is not the best example to use - nevertheless he turned Brighton around in half a season, undermining the idea that Hasselbaink should be given 1-2 years, as some on here suggest. Plus, I doubt any of Hughton's early displays were as inept as what we witnessed on Saturday - no shape, no skill, borderline Conference-standard football.

Comment

The club can do one of two things give JFH until the end of the season to sort it out, or get rid of now with LF and all his mates and get in someone who knows what their doing with his own backroom staff and not who LF wants, so that he can use the rest of the season as a pre-season to sort the club out.

Comment

Man city got hammered by leicester at home in the exact same score line as us, and this weekend lost at home again to spurs. So they have lost more home games than us recently and they are by far the most expensive squad in the country, ship happens, teams lose now and again, and we lost, we got mullered, it hurts but so what, it wasn't make or break.
                          Why do so many people on here think we have this god given right to be winning every game and when we don't sack the manager and dof and get the chairman out.?
                          We are little old Qpr with no divine right to win any game and historically more often than not we actually don't , and if you've supported us long enough you will of seen that ten fold.
                          Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 15-02-2016, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                            Ah it's the Godfather, the lesser spotted realist.
                            Comes swooping in every time we lose with a stealth knee jerk 'everyone out' thread.
                            Hits and rangers77 etc swarm around agreeing with him like he's the messiah as well.
                            By the way Hits is late this morning? Surely got a lot more milking to do out of a pish poor home defeat to our fiercest rivals?
                            Haven't said JFH out, mate. For what it's worth. Bit s hitty of a mod- a f acking mod- to suggest a member expressing an honest opinion is swarming tbh. Think the other mods ought have words with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                              Haven't said JFH out, mate. For what it's worth. Bit s hitty of a mod- a f acking mod- to suggest a member expressing an honest opinion is swarming tbh. Think the other mods ought have words with you.
                              No i can see you Macca and Hits being really kind as to give jfh till the end of the season. Very humble and generous of you all to be fair.
                              Mods are allowed an opinion and to state the glaringly obvious about other users like yourself. Which I did.

Comment

Working...
                              X