Is anyone still talking up the BFG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone still talking up the BFG?

He is truly dreadful. Ive heard him compared to Nygaard, but he was a rolls Royce in comparison.

I don't think anyone really thought he was good did they? Think it was his work effort more than anything. Work ethic and fitness.....it's the new thing at QPR these days. What fun!

Comment

He's not as bad as some try to suggest. We never played to his strength which is balls in the box. How many crosses did we put in for him to get on the end of????

Yes was dire outside the box today but again look at what he served up

The only player I can recall in recent history who was able to control some of the bombs we throw forward which are supposed to be passes is the fur's

If were going to dig Polter out what about Mackie as other then clapping his hands and gesturing to the crowd what does/did he do

Comment

The guy has got to be the worst CF ever at the club big and useless.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          He's not as bad as some try to suggest. We never played to his strength which is balls in the box. How many crosses did we put in for him to get on the end of????

Yes was dire outside the box today but again look at what he served up

The only player I can recall in recent history who was able to control some of the bombs we throw forward which are supposed to be passes is the fur's

If were going to dig Polter out what about Mackie as other then clapping his hands and gesturing to the crowd what does/did he do
          Mackie was also #### and offers nothing but energy. The 2 together are a disaster. And if either of those 2 are anywhere near the starting line-up next season then we will be going nowhere other than the wrong direction.

Comment

No service in the box from a non-existent midfield. Only issue for me is he never wins any headers directed at him from lumps upfield.

Comment

I actually think polter was doing alright today and was one of our better players first half, I was surprised when he got subbed ahead of a few others.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                Mackie was also #### and offers nothing but energy. The 2 together are a disaster. And if either of those 2 are anywhere near the starting line-up next season then we will be going nowhere other than the wrong direction.
                Amen to that

Mackie in first 5mins had to opportunities to set the tempo when he broke down the left wing but each time could not control ball and move ended without even a shot or cross

But its OK he claps his hands and the qp and r blocks lap him up

Comment

Originally posted by Briankey81 View Post
                  I actually think polter was doing alright today and was one of our better players first half, I was surprised when he got subbed ahead of a few others.
                  There's always one!

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                    There's always one!
                    And hurray for that - it's what makes it interesting on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Briankey81 View Post
                      That is a fair point when you consider that we replaced him with a short bloke carrying a knock yet still whacked the ball up to the 7ft centre back! If you make that sub then you have to put Washington in on the ground not play the same way you did with BFG up top. Also, I don't see Washington playing on his own. He looked OK when he played off BFG - it looked like it could work for both of them. It needs to be tried.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                        That is a fair point when you consider that we replaced him with a short bloke carrying a knock yet still whacked the ball up to the 7ft centre back! If you make that sub then you have to put Washington in on the ground not play the same way you did with BFG up top. Also, I don't see Washington playing on his own. He looked OK when he played off BFG - it looked like it could work for both of them. It needs to be tried.
                        I would have rather washington come on for Mackie as you suggest. Both Mackie and Polter were pretty dire today but you get the sense that with a chance in the box, more likely than not, a combination of Polter and Washington is more likely to get the goal than Mackie and Washington.

As for the attackers not getting support, it is scary how the only player who actually attempted to get crosses in was Matt Phillips (not to say he was outstanding today but I think there were plenty worse than him out there) when there should really be 4 players in wide positions crossing.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Today he wasn't great but he won't be, if literally the only idea we have is kick it and hope he gets it. Polter needs to feel confident balls will be coming into the box and none were getting anywhere near. He is good at scoring headers and tap ins and we should play to that, wing play and full backs are important.

Comment

I'm taking it up something beginning with b, that's for sure. We all are.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              No service in the box from a non-existent midfield. Only issue for me is he never wins any headers directed at him from lumps upfield.
                              I agree with West in that we didn't provide anything in the box as he then can win headers and scores, what we need to do is working at winning headers outside the box.

Plus all the changes we make don't help, how is any player supposed to work with their team mates when it's different every game?

I blame the midfield, we don't create much for our forwards which make them all look rubbish. Jimmy and the coaches really need to work hard on this, there don't seem to be an understanding in our squad, unlike Fulham, they knew each others movements much better.

Comment

Working...
                              X