Paul Clement...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simonj10 View Post
    Hearing this news has made me think back about that game and actually made me happy.

Had to re watch this cheeky little vid, looking forward to rest of season now.

WOW!!!!!! Almost bought tears to my eyes again. Just loved those playoffs and the belief that was suddenly found in that team.

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
      Brendan Rogers is my bet Ed
      that's a good call harry

Comment

watched the highlights of their game v fulham at the weekend . they should of scored 4 or 5 but for poor finishing /bad luck . brighton went thru a poor run a while ago and they've turned the corner . stupid decision

Comment

strange that they would sack him now, think Moyes may be in the box seat, also wasn't he T.F's dream manager at one time?

Comment

Yeah I'd have welcomed him with open arms would've been my 1st choice , but for now I'm satisfied Jimmy Floyd and long may it continue

Comment

Maybe they have noticed they had spent a lot of money and want to stop it and avoid FFP penalties-If they don't go up- and now have decided to go cheap? That's perhaps why they have given the job to their Academy boss.
              QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Mel Morris must be the first graduate of Tony's new venture - Football Director Training - lose all your money and end up a division lower within 3 years or we refund your course fees. Insanity!

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
                  Maybe they have noticed they had spent a lot of money and want to stop it and avoid FFP penalties-If they don't go up- and now have decided to go cheap? That's perhaps why they have given the job to their Academy boss.
                  Irrelevant at this point in the season as they cannot spend anymore on transfers.

Has to be a bust up.

Comment

They've bottled it. Simple as that.

Must admit I would have had him here, a lot of top level coaching (if not management) experience and Rs in his blood. Like I said at the time, not sure if he would have worked under our structure (ie Les etc etc).

Comment

Crazy decision. Oh well a nice pay off for him and a few months off before he joins Bayern with Carlo.
                      @chrisrobson9

Comment

It's actually very funny and salutary reading Derby fans' forums - funny in a schadenfreude way (pleasure at other people's misery) - and salutary in that all the complaints levelled against JFH until the first wins (and beyond), are replicated here against PC, but in spades. In our own little QPR bubble, we tend to ignore the fact that nearly all other teams have very similar issues, at one time or another - and it's a real pleasure to see that where we've actually stuck by a manager for the right reasons for once, others have made a right pig's ear of it...

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                          Yeah I'd have welcomed him with open arms would've been my 1st choice , but for now I'm satisfied Jimmy Floyd and long may it continue
                          Yep exactly the same was really hoping he would get the job when HR went, probably more on sentiment as loved watching his dad play but was really disappointed when we appointed Chris Ramsey permanently instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
                            So you sack a manager you now have to pay up his contract, you've let him already spend millions that can't be returned & have to also start looking for & budgeting for a new manager in due course? Yea fantastic planning that

Comment

I think the Championship is very weak this term and there are very average teams up the top of it. I reckon Derby board have made the judgement that auto promotion is unlikely, play-offs are 50/50 and that's not acceptable given size of their investment. Only thing I'd question is surely they must have known what Clement's personality/methods/approach were before they employed him several months ago.
                              Wonder if they'd have now gone for JFH if we hadn't already grabbed him off Burton?

Comment

Mel Morris: Paul Clement's short-term view cost him Derby job

"We wanted to build on the squad, develop them, get on a rising tide of performance and let that carry us through into the Premier League - whether that was this season, next season or beyond. I think, for Paul, that was too long a view."

?????????

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35533154

Comment

Working...
                                X