No announcement yet.

Do we WANT/NEED to go up this season??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we WANT/NEED to go up this season??

Another thread was made about MAKING the play-offs and hopes of promotion but I'm asking a different question to myself of - Do we Want/Need to make the play-offs and go up this season??

We all like to get carried away with the hysteria of a Rangers win and entertaining performance when we haven't had one for a while! And it brings up threads like, 'Can we still make the play-offs' which is fair enough but do we really want to make the play-offs and yo-yo up and down AGAIN!

For me personally, we shouldn't be aiming to go up this season... Yes, I love premier league football at Loftus Road but we are just starting to get some stability back with a young squad and a young manager, whose squad is still no where near ready to go up into the Premier league. It's a promising squad but it is still way short of being completed and I just feel like bouncing back up again now is not the right thing.

Lets build on this new young squad and stability - Lets spend another season or two in the Champ gathering momentum, getting the wage bill down further and continue to add to this younger, cheaper, QPR like squad.

Going straight back up to come straight back down AGAIN, just keeps throwing the building process all over the shop IMO!
    We need to stabilize and put ourselves in the position of next time we go up, we stay up.

For me I want us to go up (always want to win) but we donīt need to.
    Put it in another way. IF we are just in playoff spot before the last game - would I want the team to loos - NO

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
      For me I want us to go up (always want to win) but we donīt need to.
      Put it in another way. IF we are just in playoff spot before the last game - would I want the team to loos - NO
      as what you said, of course i want to win every game.

lets put it this way, if by some miricle we do go up, we would have more money to play with. we can still sign good young players from the championship. if we stay up then its a bonus.

just look at all the promoted teams from last season.......... look at leicester and palace. ffs wouldnt you want our club to be like that?
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

If we were to go up, it would mean an incredible run, which would mean the team has all gelled and we have a great team here, so if we can win 70% ish of games from now untill the end of the season, why couldnt we win 30% of games in the prem and stay up.

do we need to - absolutely not. majority of the big earners off the books and have a good core of younger players that will only get better, so the future looks promising, both on and off the pitch.

Cant see it happening this season, but gives us adequate time to settle in to a philosophy with JFH and have a good crack at it next year.

Comment

I think if we go up, Tony will go mental again and spend millions on wages for overrated footballers.
          Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
          Lovejoy: "No?!"
          Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post
            I think if we go up, Tony will go mental again and spend millions on wages for overrated footballers.
            Never happen again, that's why evil Les is here and jfh would be never entertain those type of players. He brought nasser to England and took him from burton to us, he's that type of manager.

Comment

Promoted teams get given Ģ85m..... Hell, yes, I wanna be promoted.

Comment

should always want to go up, we wont be good enough, but with the riches now in the prem i'm sure our board would love to, need to maybe with FFP fine still hanging over us ?? could be big

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                  should always want to go up, we wont be good enough, but with the riches now in the prem i'm sure our board would love to, need to maybe with FFP fine still hanging over us ?? could be big
                  Thought it was declared they have got nothing on us and the fine will be next to nothing?
                  What makes you say it could be big dave.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                    Promoted teams get given Ģ85m..... Hell, yes, I wanna be promoted.
                    My view is a little bit more detailed then just looking at the money you get from being promoted.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                      My view is a little bit more detailed then just looking at the money you get from being promoted.
                      Agree with most of what you say mate, similar to what I posted in the other thread! Think we need at least one more season in the Championship.
                      "Imagine a relationship that went wrong but you held on in there for years: that's what it is like supporting a football team. Your loyalty to a team can never die. Ties are stronger than they could ever be with a woman. If she goes and sleeps with your best mate, it's over. If the Rs' boss, Ian Holloway, slept with my best mate, QPR would still be my team. Even if many of the things that you loved about going to matches have gone - terraces, team shirts without sponsors and being able to smoke at grounds - you still stick with your team." - Peter Doherty.

Comment

Don't care how detailed your thread is ! of course we want and need to go up at every opportunity but we should never fear going back down , I'd take being a yo yo club for the foreseeable it's all about the money as money creates strength

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                          Don't care how detailed your thread is ! of course we want and need to go up at every opportunity but we should never fear going back down , I'd take being a yo yo club for the foreseeable it's all about the money as money creates strength

Have to say I disagree - I'd say your view is a little rash and the view of Fernandes a few years ago, which didn't reaaaallyyy work out for us too well.

Comment

Have to say I disagree - I'd say your view is a little rash and the view of Fernandes a few years ago, which didn't reaaaallyyy work out for us too well.
                            It's worked for WBA

Comment

Better not play the lottery then in case you win and squander the money.

Comment

Working...
                              X