No announcement yet.

Do we WANT/NEED to go up this season??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always feast or famine on here, three points and suddenly anything is possible. Anyone who is even thinking about the play offs needs to get a grip. One step at a time if you're an Rs fan - no more delusional thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
      This thread is nonsense we wont go up , but you have to grab every opportunity life throws at you
      Why is it nonsense to discuss if we need or want to go up?

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
        Why is it nonsense to discuss if we need or want to go up?
        Because it's not going to happen , of course we need to go up and should always want to go up whenever it might happen , how on earth can anybody believe I don't think we should take every opportunity for the club to get 80m cos we aint ready for the prem when you also get the parachute payment if come back down

Comment

So you are saying on this forum we should only discuss things that sure will happen.
          That would be strange discussions or most probably no discussions at all -
          I wonder how many would post in here if you set the rules of what to discuss and what not.

Comment

So you are saying on this forum we should only discuss things that sure will happen.
            That would be strange discussions or most probably no discussions at all -
            I wonder how many would post in here if you set the rules of what to discuss and what not.
            What I'm saying is it's hypothetical cos we aint going nowhere , let me ask you something if the chance of promotion arises and we arnt ready for the premier league should we take it even if it means come straight back down
            Last edited by dogsrrs; 09-02-2016, 05:51 PM.

Comment

I am not sure how you mean it. But just say we end in 2nd spot in the league - would you go to the Football league saying we are not going up because we are not ready - i would not.
              Say we end in the 6th spot (could happen Leicester did in 2012 with 68 points) - would you tell the players not to compete or what would you to in that situation

Comment

i don't like being in the PL as we can't compete in it , but realise u must aim to go up or it's pointless. if we did make the play offs imagine the buzz as we'd have to win so many games to get there , i remember a few years back i was watching us play at preston on the last game of the season. cardiff lost and preston sneaked into the play offs . driving back from wigan 5+ hours in the play off, beating oldham , losing to cardiff and the day out , fantastic memories it's what supporting a small clubs all about

Comment

I am not sure how you mean it. But just say we end in 2nd spot in the league - would you go to the Football league saying we are not going up because we are not ready - i would not.
                  Say we end in the 6th spot (could happen Leicester did in 2012 with 68 points) - would you tell the players not to compete or what would you to in that situation
                  No I wouldn't nor can imagine any other fan would , THATS what makes this thread a nonsense , ok Leicester did it but now tell me how much you would give the bookies on us doing it

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                    Promoted teams get given £85m..... Hell, yes, I wanna be promoted.
                    Exactly, you enter a competition to win it. You may not be good enough but how do you take part in a competition and aim to finish in the middle? I want any team I support to take to the field trying to win. Next season is next season - worry about that in June.

Comment

Blimey we had some late losses of points and a lot of people throwing shi t at owners, board, manager, players and even FELLOW supporter.
                      This daydreaming is so much better
                      Not for me I'm a realist this is just plain silly.....

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                        Don't care how detailed your thread is ! of course we want and need to go up at every opportunity but we should never fear going back down , I'd take being a yo yo club for the foreseeable it's all about the money as money creates strength
                        Could not agree more with this post its spot on. This league is sh it I have been bored stiff seven months of the season it's dire. I would love to go up but just bank the money perhaps buy three or four decent players who can do it in prem or championship but overall fill the clubs coffers and if that means yo yoing for three or four years while we address the madness of the past and settle down do Be it

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          Could not agree more with this post its spot on. This league is sh it I have been bored stiff seven months of the season it's dire. I would love to go up but just bank the money perhaps buy three or four decent players who can do it in prem or championship but overall fill the clubs coffers and if that means yo yoing for three or four years while we address the madness of the past and settle down do Be it
                          You're right Big Fella this league is dross and the football this season has been appalling to watch...

Comment

Originally posted by BuffooneRy View Post
                            Blimey a late win and we get these ludicrous types of threads... Calm down dear it ain't gonna happen... This season anyway...
                            This thread was created as a reaction to another thread suggesting promotion could still be on - Nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

do we want to go up this season - absolutely 100%. the bottom club gets £90M. So what f this team squad is not good enough? a manager with a plan can spend £35M on this squad and have a good chance of keeping QPR up.

In previous seasons ;
                              Hughes had no real plan and a non football Chief Exec who was outsmarted in all his football related work i.e. players wages, contracts & transfer fees.

Redkrapp was disinterested, and had put very little thought into his squad development hence a rwb signed for a 352 formation & selling the recognised rb, before ditching his formation after 2 matches and being saddled without a rb. along with other poor ill thought out signings and a lack of a replacement for the outgoing Remy.

I would like to think that this time around JFH and Les would have a plan A & B in place. the £90M, much of it, if not all, paid up front this time around , would help with transfer targets.

Do we need to go up - Not really. Football outside of the Premiership DOES exist. For me it is not as enjoyable and there is very little decent media coverage of it either tv, radio or newspapers.

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                                Of course I want us to go up, we can't assume this opportunity will be there in the next 2 or 3 years as we stabilize, I don't think we'll be anywhere near the top 6 this season when all is said and done! It shows you how far one single win can go, this discussion would have seemed very far fetched last week!
                                This.

Some seem to think stabilising is key to it all. Middlesboro Forest Leeds Blackburn Derby Ipswich etc have had years stabilising.

QPR relegation last season had nothing to do with not being ready to go straight back up again. They could and probably would have stayed up last season had Redkrapp been replaced in pre season, Sept, Oct or Nov. There was enough in the squad to win enough points up until January and for the Board to sign some new players in the window i.e. Defoe, a right back as well as a decent centre back like Huth.

Comment

Working...
                                X