No announcement yet.

Do we WANT/NEED to go up this season??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is easy Sheff.Wed, Ips, Birm, and Card not winning matches but we win all 5

Comment

isn't it a bit of a chicken/ egg scenario. We are not spending big anymore so to strengthen for the premier league would be a lot easier with the £80 odd million from promotion.
      “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
      Will Danaher

Comment

If we win our next 6 games then possibly we will have a chance of finishing 6th,extremely unlikely senario

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
          If we win our next 6 games then possibly we will have a chance of finishing 6th,extremely unlikely senario
          And if my Aunt had ######## she'd be my uncle, love the optimism, would be over the moon

Comment

If we did go up, I'd want them to continue to build as they are. No big names on high wages, this way if we went down there would be a greater chance we'd make top 2, or the play off's.

Comment

I'd sooner us get relegated. Dust our selves down. Sort the wheat from the chaff. Then proceed.
              "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
              London Pride is a flower that's free.
              London Pride means our own dear town to us,
              And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                If we did go up, I'd want them to continue to build as they are. No big names on high wages, this way if we went down there would be a greater chance we'd make top 2, or the play off's.
                Yes thats the way we should never have surrendered our prem status so meekly last febuary when we was only 1 point from safty the rebuiling can be done in any league

Comment

Blimey a late win and we get these ludicrous types of threads... Calm down dear it ain't gonna happen... This season anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by BuffooneRy View Post
                    Blimey a late win and we get these ludicrous types of threads... Calm down dear it ain't gonna happen... This season anyway...
                    Blimey we had some late losses of points and a lot of people throwing shi t at owners, board, manager, players and even FELLOW supporter.
                    This daydreaming is so much better

Comment

At the end of the day we are not going to reach anywhere near the playoff.It's too late. Maybe next year. All I want to see is the players show the same commitment as saturday
                      and the fans will back them.

Comment

Originally posted by loneranger View Post
                        I'd sooner us get relegated. Dust our selves down. Sort the wheat from the chaff. Then proceed.
                        Wow.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                          ...where club owners (and sometimes fans) become blinded by the pound signs and lose sight of what's more important, long-term for the health and stability of the club they're custodians of.
                          Not so sure about that. Going up ASAP will make the club a (semi-)attractive buy for someone and that just might be the pinnacle of their much depleted ambitions now.
                          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

To Stanley and Shepherd's Mush I take your points. But the effect of the TV money will be to make the Premier League more of a level playing field - about time, too - but also make the Championship hopelessly unequal. Buying a "fashionable" Championship club like us doesn't come cheap these days and factored into the price is the poss of Premiership riches. Owners will know that to ever get a good chance of those Premiership income streams they are going to have to climb aboard the money splashing circus pretty quickly. Absolutely agree there is no guarantee of success doing this - as Wolves and many others have shown. But this flood stream of money to the Prem and upper reaches of the Champ has come at the worst possible time for our club - just as the original Sky deal did, as it coincided with our relegation in the nineties - because our board are not in a position to invest, whether due to FFP fears or their budgets or a combination of both. My personal prediction is thin gruel for the next few years, then a takeover by someone else willing to chuck some money at it. Then the circus will begin all over again. All of course assumes the wheels don't fall off the global economy meantime...

Comment

This thread is nonsense we wont go up , but you have to grab every opportunity life throws at you

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                                To Stanley and Shepherd's Mush I take your points. But the effect of the TV money will be to make the Premier League more of a level playing field - about time, too - but also make the Championship hopelessly unequal.
                                Fair point, absolutely cannot argue with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X