Polter/Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
    his goal scoring record so far, begs to differ!
    Not just his goal scoring record - this 'no touch' thing seems to have become the default way of referring to the Polt - when in point of fact, it's not that bad. Having watched the whole of Saturday's game back on Player, you can see several occasions where he plays a great through ball, and, lo and behold, controls the ball! Sure, he's still fairly rough and ready, but better than some make out, and improving all the time.

Comment

after 30 minutes I said to my mate Polter was having a good game. Admittedly his form dipped later on, but certainly doesn't need, or deserve, to be hearing any negative chants
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

yes i agree negative chants are no good at all to polter he must just get on with playing his own game and then he will shine
        Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
          Not just his goal scoring record - this 'no touch' thing seems to have become the default way of referring to the Polt - when in point of fact, it's not that bad.
          I'm a Polter fan and there are a lot of positives about him being in the team but he has the worst first touch of a professional footballer I have ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
            think he is looked upon as one of these players who can do it in e championship, but cant make that step up to prem football. Seemed to struggle at Norwich and couldn't get in ahead of bang average strikers.

Hard to justify spending the money, if you think when you get promoted he needs replacing.

would have liked to seen him here though and obviously knows where the net is at this level. anyone know how much he went for?
            We're a million miles away from getting back in the PL so not a worry. Class striker with a fantastic ratio.

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            Patrick Agyemang-esque purple patch I reckon.
            Scored 7 in his first 7 games that absolute ass

Comment

Polter is the club player of the month.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                Polter is the club player of the month.
                Fair play to him. Would of given it to Smithies personally, but good on the Polt. Doing his bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                  improving all the time.
                  I'm not sure things like touch can be improved beyond a very young age - tactical awareness and positioning sure, but some things you either have or haven't. Old timers got spoiled at Rs by witnessing a succession of players with sublime touch, so maybe we're extra critical. Touch is what buys you a little bit of time, makes things flow. To be fair to Polter I'd say our overall skills level is poor, but then again that was a criticism laid at the door of successive national teams, never mind us.

The real question is why that part of our game went missing. But that's another story.

Comment

Working...
                  X