Polter/Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polter/Washington

How was their link up play against Ipswich. Do you get the feeling they could be a decent combo and one that could help be a top 6 team next season or do we need to buy another 1st team striker to partner washington for next season and rely on Polter to come of the bench and be a good stand in when needed?

That was a brave team selection from JFH. We could and should have been out of sight by half-time. Polter done ok, but he needs work on. Washington, well there something about him, you know he is a good-un. We probably need 3-4 decent players to come in for next season and give it a right go
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Good selection, and shows JFH is not stubborn and was willing to change things. In fairness he was probably waiting to acquire a player like CW to make it happen, but playing 1 up front was not only mind numbingly boring, but we were just not benefiting from it. Way over cautious.

Playing 442 with the big man little man combo will be good for us. Polti does all the physical dirty work, and the nippy Washington is a real live wire in and around the box to cause problems and pick up the pieces.

First game in a long time I left LR feeling thoroughly entertained.

Comment

To be honest Polter didn't have his best game and wasn't great, cant knock him for effort, and sometimes looks like Bambi on ice and well maybe very limited , Washington was lively got a bit of pace in him and that great for strikers to have, we'll just have to see how they progress I'm not holding my breath on Polter he's not for the purist's among us but he's scoring and that all we can ask

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
          I'm not holding my breath on Polter he's not for the purist's among us but he's scoring and that all we can ask
          Same but for his effort and awkwardness alone I'm liking him. Awful on the deck and touch of an elephant but a handful.

Comment

i think they will become a very good partnership and as we seem to be putting a lot more crosses in now, good o have polts about as he is a handful.

Polts is what he is. Isnt ever going to beat 3 men and place it in the corner, so dont expect it.

I like the look of CW and hope he gets on the scoresheet soon, will be a massive confidence booster.

Comment

i was pleased with polter's work rate. conor was nippy and its just a matter off time before he scores
              Last edited by Harryboy; 08-02-2016, 11:30 AM.
              You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                Polti does all the physical dirty work
                He's work in progress. Needs to hold it up better, win more headers (considering he height) and improve his first touch...but you've basically said that in your next post.

Same but for his effort and awkwardness alone I'm liking him. Awful on the deck and touch of an elephant but a handful.

Comment

Washington to me looks good. Just needs time to settle in. Has good feet and seems to link well with polter. Amount of strike partnerships i've seen over the years where the 2nd striker is nowhere near the target man.
                  Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                  Lovejoy: "No?!"
                  Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                    He's work in progress. Needs to hold it up better, win more headers (considering he height) and improve his first touch...but you've basically said that in your next post.
                    Will become a bit of a cult hero I reckon Stan.

Comment

As was said, Polter's first touch let him down in Saturday so too early to judge. however I thought Hoilett and Washington had a good understanding.

Comment

You could be right Jim. Comes across well in his interviews too, very down to earth.

Comment

I feel the same, his first touch is dreadful but his work rate and hold up play is brilliant imo. Compliments Washington well, and as he has proven already will chip in with goals. Pretty good in the air.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                            You could be right Jim. Comes across well in his interviews too, very down to earth.
                            Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                            I feel the same, his first touch is dreadful but his work rate and hold up play is brilliant imo. Compliments Washington well, and as he has proven already will chip in with goals. Pretty good in the air.
                            I liked the fact he had a bit of a moan up on Twitter.

Wants to play and it hurts him when he's not involved. That's what we need. Passionate players who actually give a shite. Been lacking somewhat the last few years.

Comment

Well his first touch is normally a throw in doesn't really hold the ball up well enough ( hopefully he learn) couldn't trap a bag of cement, but gives it 100%, not yet in the class of Devon white, but the BFG is growing on me

Comment

Working...
                              X