No announcement yet.

Is a playoff place really beyond reach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It shouldn't have been, but this season has been tossed off on the Ramsey experiment.

Comment

No, it is not beyound reach, but building a team for the future is what we should focus on right now. The day the press etc. refer to QPR as a young and exciting team to watch out for in the future I for one will be very happy.
      Last edited by Shania; 08-02-2016, 09:34 AM.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
        No, it is not beyound reach, but building a team for the future is what we should focus on right now. The day the press etc. refer to QPR as a young and exciting team to watch out for in the future I for one will be very happy.
        Nice, like it Shania. That's what I'm hoping for, although I'd rather they would be saying 'this season' (next season) as opposed to 'in the future'.

Comment

Originally posted by Is Dom Is Good View Post
          Based of the last 5 Championship seasons we need 35 out of a possible 48 points to get that 6th spot which I don't see as being beyond us.
          that would be pretty amazing form picking up 2.2 points per match. considering that our defence has panic attacks during the last 5 minutes of matches the all-conquering 2010-11 squad only managed 1.9 points per match. for some context, 2.2 points per match over a full season results in 100 points.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
            We are 11 points behind Sheff Weds and have to play them in 3 games time, and Derby are only 1 ahead of them in 5th.
            There's still 16 games to play, and the teams in this league are so inconsistent as well.
            If we can beat Fulham, and Sheff Weds in our next 2 home games we would close the gap a bit.

16 games to go, 48 points on offer.
            It could still happen quite easily!!
            Need a lot of teams to drop points.

Lose against Fulham 3-0 and people will crying for JFH to go so lets just take it one step at a time.

Comment

Agree with most posters that it is beyond us this season, and really we are not ready for a step up this season either. It is all about next season now, carry on building and I would like to see some academy boys given a run when we are safe from the bottom as lets face it in this division the same as three wins can propel you up, three defeats can put you back in trouble although we look ok now. But Saturday was so much better and dare I say it almost entertaining which I almost forgot!! I thought first half we should have been 3 up at half time but so much better. Just push on now

Comment

I looked at Saturday as a - if we lose, 100% playoffs gone, if we won, then there is still a chance.

I still think Shef Weds and Brighton will slip out of them places. Plenty of teams between us and them though, like other have said, will take a 5-6 game winning streak to really get amungst it, of which i am not too sure we are capable of.

Still hope though!

only one point more ahead of the relegation zone than we are off the playoffs. i suspect this is most likely the type of position we will finish.

Comment

Could very well be in the mix after our next five games.

Fulham, Bolton and MK Dons, if we're serious we should get all nine points from these games. If we can snag four points from Sheff Wednesday and Birmingham we're in business.

If we somehow manage to achieve all 15 points them I'm over the moon and damn sure convinced we can make the playoffs.
                  Feed The Massimo And He Will Score

Comment

Don't want to say anything negative but no.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                      Top post, fully agree.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM
                        @gatorTFC

Comment

Stranger things have happened - but realistically, yes.

We're very much in to the realm of diminishing returns - which also means that we're unlikely to get relegated.

I'll just be happy to see us get a cohesive side together, get rid the the FFP stuff hanging over us - and stabilise.

Comment

Originally posted by Is Dom Is Good View Post
                            Based of the last 5 Championship seasons we need 35 out of a possible 48 points to get that 6th spot which I don't see as being beyond us.
                            Based on our current form ?,2 wins out of 14 games ,my worry was we could be dragged into a relagation battle,while not safe yet I think it's very unlikely we will be,expect us to finish midtable or just above

Comment

Originally posted by bhujio View Post
                              1 win and we talk playoffs, 1 loss and we talk relegation
                              Welcome to WATRBS board

Comment

Would be nice to meet Derby at Wembley again, but think they will miss out, shame really

Comment

Working...
                                X