Is a playoff place really beyond reach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
    If we did win promotion, I would invest in players for the future of the club.
    Signing Prem League players never worked for us and there was no morale/team spirit in the sides.

Would sign players with the future in mind, and ones that would give 100% for us.
    If we went down then it happens, we would have spent millions on players that we were then stuck with and had to loan out in the hope that they perform at that club in the hope they may take them off our hands.

Leicester didn't go out and spend big money on players like we did.
    QPR signed the wrong players.
    Hughes signed mostly ageing players looking for a last payday like Cisse Zamora Johnson Park Bosingwa Cesar and Redkrapp signed old ageing players and some who had just been relegated. Also, they were signed with a 352 in mind but that got abandoned after 2 games!
    In other words there was no real plan to the squad.
    If, and I dont believe they will, QPR win promotion this season, I don't think they would go down again as hopefully this time they would have learnt lessons and sign players who are youngish but have played and been successful in the Premiership and blend them in with some of the current squad and maybe one or two from abroad.

Comment

Originally posted by Is Dom Is Good View Post
      Based of the last 5 Championship seasons we need 35 out of a possible 48 points to get that 6th spot which I don't see as being beyond us.
      Really? Would that be 10 wins and 5 draws or 11 wins, 3 draws and 2 defeats.
      I see it more like 6 wins 7 draws 3 defeats from the remaining fixtures.
      But here's to hoping for 13 wins from the fixtures to play this season.

Comment

Originally posted by bhujio View Post
        1 win and we talk playoffs, 1 loss and we talk relegation
        I know, it's embarrassing really and mid table is all we are going to achieve after far too many draws.. 10-12 I reckon....

Comment

Our squad just simply ain't good enough to get into playoffs. The big players didn't really want to play for us and now they are gone if you look at what is left then there is no way would we ever reach playoffs. We do have a couple of star players left thats good enough for Premier league but squad wise it's weak. But this not me being pessimistic, it's a squad to build on for next season. So finish mid table and hopefully we can progress from there..
          'The problem with quotes on the internet is you don't know if they are authentic' - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Use the rest of the season to upset those who are really in with a chance for promotion. Now that would be fun !

Comment

Originally posted by bhujio View Post
              1 win and we talk playoffs, 1 loss and we talk relegation
              Sad aint it.

Although in fairness there's quite a lot of us that have said, consistently from day 1, that we will finish mid-table. No getting too carried away after a win or going into a meltdown when we lose.
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

i've said all season it wil be win , draw , lose ,win , lose . draw and so on . mid table written all over us . i'd just like to see some good attacking football from now til the end of the season . and to smack both fulham and brentford . pull our socks up and have a go at going up next season

Comment

YES

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                    Sad aint it.

Although in fairness there's quite a lot of us that have said, consistently from day 1, that we will finish mid-table. No getting too carried away after a win or going into a meltdown when we lose.
                    Thats what I've said. And I'll take mid table all day long. Would rather we didn't go straight up as we aren't ready yet.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

For our best interest, it is better not to go up.
                      QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Unbelievable thread.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                          Unbelievable thread.
                          Another for the 'Snoop's Midnight Munchies' perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                            Another for the 'Snoop's Midnight Munchies' perhaps.
                            He starts some good ones late on and because of the time difference I think I'm the only one up and responding to them!
                            @gatorTFC

Comment

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/02/09...each-the-play/

Warnock says the place is buzzing and we can still do it, but people on here say it's madness, so what does he know.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                                http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/02/09...each-the-play/

Warnock says the place is buzzing and we can still do it, but people on here say it's madness, so what does he know.
                                People here will have you believe that he's just making it up and doesn't actually mean what he says.
                                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                                X