No announcement yet.

Is a playoff place really beyond reach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a playoff place really beyond reach?

We are 11 points behind Sheff Weds and have to play them in 3 games time, and Derby are only 1 ahead of them in 5th.
    There's still 16 games to play, and the teams in this league are so inconsistent as well.
    If we can beat Fulham, and Sheff Weds in our next 2 home games we would close the gap a bit.

16 games to go, 48 points on offer.
    It could still happen quite easily!!

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
    Is a playoff place really beyond reach?
    Mathematically, no.

Realistically, probably.

Hopefully, not.

Next?

Comment

It really depends on the teams above us and how many points they drop, we need a few teams to lose form and for us to gain and it isnt impossible. I would say realistically we will probably finish just outside 7th or 8th.

Comment

Obviously the Premier League is where we want to be and all that but would a promotion this season really be the best thing for us? Maybe one more season in the Championship and going up when we're a more settled side would be better? We need to try and become established in the league and I feel that this side isn't quite ready.
        "Imagine a relationship that went wrong but you held on in there for years: that's what it is like supporting a football team. Your loyalty to a team can never die. Ties are stronger than they could ever be with a woman. If she goes and sleeps with your best mate, it's over. If the Rs' boss, Ian Holloway, slept with my best mate, QPR would still be my team. Even if many of the things that you loved about going to matches have gone - terraces, team shirts without sponsors and being able to smoke at grounds - you still stick with your team." - Peter Doherty.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorM1882 View Post
          Obviously the Premier League is where we want to be and all that but would a promotion this season really be the best thing for us? Maybe one more season in the Championship and going up when we're a more settled side would be better? We need to try and become established in the league and I feel that this side isn't quite ready.
          If we did win promotion, I would invest in players for the future of the club.
          Signing Prem League players never worked for us and there was no morale/team spirit in the sides.

Would sign players with the future in mind, and ones that would give 100% for us.
          If we went down then it happens, we would have spent millions on players that we were then stuck with and had to loan out in the hope that they perform at that club in the hope they may take them off our hands.

Leicester didn't go out and spend big money on players like we did.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
            We are 11 points behind Sheff Weds and have to play them in 3 games time, and Derby are only 1 ahead of them in 5th.
            There's still 16 games to play, and the teams in this league are so inconsistent as well.
            If we can beat Fulham, and Sheff Weds in our next 2 home games we would close the gap a bit.

16 games to go, 48 points on offer.
            It could still happen quite easily!!
            Would be nice but I don't think so. I know there is a few points on offer but I think we have left ourselves with too much to do.

Will be happy with Mid-Table.
            C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

If we are less than eight points behind 6th place after four more games, then it's game on.

But realistically we've left it too late. Unfortunately, we made a whole host of what in hindsight have proven to be poor decisions during the close season. Hopefully, with a competent manager now in place, better summer recruitment and a decent pre-season, next season may well turn out to be very enjoyable. It certainly can't be worse than we were forced to endure this time round.

Comment

Too many teams and points between us and 6th!
                @gatorTFC

Comment

Based of the last 5 Championship seasons we need 35 out of a possible 48 points to get that 6th spot which I don't see as being beyond us.

Comment

Originally posted by Is Dom Is Good View Post
                    Based of the last 5 Championship seasons we need 35 out of a possible 48 points to get that 6th spot which I don't see as being beyond us.
                    we need 10 wins, 5 draws and 1 loss, can't see it, wouldn't mind a day out at Wembley though.

Comment

No chance we draw to many games and we need a run of wins which I can't see. Don't think we will lose many but won't win enough. Mid table finish for me and spend rest of this season drilling them for next season so we're on the front foot

Comment

The next 5 games
                        QPR v the fools (winnable)
                        Bolton v QPR (winnable)
                        Sheffield Weds v QPR a point would be nice
                        QPR v Birmingham ( winnable)
                        Mk Dons v QPR should win
                        You Rsssssss

Comment

1 win and we talk playoffs, 1 loss and we talk relegation

Comment

A run of 5 wins on the trot and the question is worth asking. Unlikely to happen, but has certainly done so before. To be honest, would rather wait till next season and do things properly.

Comment

Originally posted by bhujio View Post
                              1 win and we talk playoffs, 1 loss and we talk relegation
                              Nail on head. Let's just see how the next 5/6 games go first - enjoy the win for what it is!

Comment

Working...
                              X