Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
    http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/02/09...each-the-play/

Warnock says the place is buzzing and we can still do it, but people on here say it's madness, so what does he know.
    I'd love him to be right obviously and would dearly love to be proved wrong, but it's a massive ask now.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      I'd love him to be right obviously and would dearly love to be proved wrong, but it's a massive ask now.
      It is a massive ask, but we are only 11 and 12 points behind Sheff and Derby and still have to play them both.
      Depends on what result we can get in them games as well.
      This league is so inconsistent that anyone can go on a run, or anyone can go on a major slump.

Even Middsboro currently losing to MK Dons at moment .

Comment

It is a massive task but nowhere near impossible, five wins out of seven and we would be sixth or seventh i reckon, and we can so do that if we play like saturday every week.
        Thread really does not deserve the ridiculous and unbelivable shouts or the task called impossible as it's clear as day we are getting better every game under jfh. He's got us playing how he wants now and our defence has got to be up there with the best in the division.

Warnock opinion carries a lot of weight with me, and if he thinks we can make a late charge, then the manager, the players and even us the supporters have to start believing it. (Well at least until we lose saturday lunchtime that is).
        Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 09-02-2016, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
          Even Middsboro currently losing to MK Dons at moment .
          Rhodes equalised in the 93rd minute. Gutted...

Comment

16 games left and 50% of them we are at home, so our home form from now will play a big part.
            Derby are 12 points ahead and are in 5th Place.
            Out of the 8 teams above us including Derby we still have games against 5 of them.

Also 5 of the other games are against sides in the bottom 5 of table as well.
            Last edited by HoopDoggyDogg; 09-02-2016, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
              16 games left and 50% of them we are at home, so our home form from now will play a big part.
              Derby are 12 points ahead and are in 5th Place.
              Out of the 8 teams above us including Derby we still have games against 5 of them.

Also 5 of the other games are against sides in the bottom 5 of table as well.
              I would like to add though that I wasn't saying we will do it, but saying that it's not something we should write off with so many points on offer and with what games we have left against those we could be battling against.

If some say we could still get relegated when we are 14 points above that position, then it's still possible to catch Derby 12 points above us in 5th Place.

Comment

Kev and HDD - loving the optimism chaps. Here's hoping eh?

Comment

Kev and HDD - loving the optimism chaps. Here's hoping eh?
                  Knowing us we will win the 5 games against the teams above us, but lose all 5 against those that are currently the bottom 5!!!

Comment

78 points to get into the playoffs last season. So basically we need the same amount of points we got in 30 games so far in 16

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                      78 points to get into the playoffs last season. So basically we need the same amount of points we got in 30 games so far in 16
                      Nobody said it was gonna be easy.
                      It's just possible.
                      If we win the 5 games we have against the 5 above us that's 15 points gained.

Put it this way..
                      We have 16 games left and 8 of those are at LR.
                      5 of the 16 are against teams that are 12 points or less above us.
                      Another 5 of the games are against the 5 teams that currently occupy the bottom of the table.

I'm not saying it's going to happen, but 11/12 points away from 5th and 6th position wouldn't take a Miracle to catch up.
                      The clubs above us still have 48 points to play for as well, and could easily lose 4 or 5 games from now.

Comment

At the moment, Sheffield Wednesday are averaging 1.667 points a game , so over the course of a season that's 76/77 points , so to get 77 points we can only drop 10 points , which isn't likely given our propensity for drawing games

Comment

I think the first half has answered this thread.

Comment

I think the 1st half of the season answered this thread. This thread should of got deleted since it went up. It be on the same par as do you think signing Vardy is beyond reach
                            'The problem with quotes on the internet is you don't know if they are authentic' - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by qprvoyager10 View Post
                              I think the 1st half of the season answered this thread. This thread should of got deleted since it went up. It be on the same par as do you think signing Vardy is beyond reach
                              More chance of that happening.

Comment

It's impossible now, that's it, seasons over. Won saturday and their was a slim hope, now our season is over and nothing to play for. When was the last time we were in this position? We have been fighting to stay up or go up for ages now.

Comment

Working...
                                X