5 games unbeaten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 games unbeaten

2 win and 3 draws, 6 goals scored and conceded 2.

9 points from 15, would you have been happy with that 5 games ago?

Also saw stat we have not conceded in the the league in first half for 19games

Comment

Early 1972 we sold Rodney and went on an unbeaten run to the end of the season. 44 years on, early 2016 we sell Charlie . . .
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
        2 win and 3 draws, 6 goals scored and conceded 2.

9 points from 15, would you have been happy with that 5 games ago?
        Only goal conceeded in last 4 matches was that freak 3 deflections monstrosity v Wolves...

Comment

8 or 9 draws tells the story that JFH was way to cautious. He's obviously realized now we need wins & going 442 will do us wonders, as we have the players to play it.

Comment

JFH had a reputation at Burton for playing tight football and looking to nick games by the odd goal. We are looking more solid but are struggling to find that odd goal at the moment hence all the draws. Our defence has been akin to a sieve for the last year or two so being more solid is a major plus and very important going forwards. We are starting to add players in forward areas and I can see us getting to the stage where we are not only hard to beat but the more likely winning side.

It would be dangerous to get too carried away with our unbeaten run. We will have plenty of ups and downs while JFH hopefully gets the squad balance right. My realistic hope for this season is top ten and then see comings and goings in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
              JFH had a reputation at Burton for playing tight football and looking to nick games by the odd goal. We are looking more solid but are struggling to find that odd goal at the moment hence all the draws. Our defence has been akin to a sieve for the last year or two so being more solid is a major plus and very important going forwards. We are starting to add players in forward areas and I can see us getting to the stage where we are not only hard to beat but the more likely winning side.

It would be dangerous to get too carried away with our unbeaten run. We will have plenty of ups and downs while JFH hopefully gets the squad balance right. My realistic hope for this season is top ten and then see comings and goings in the summer.
              I'm with you, but the main thing is that we fans can see the change.

Comment

Every coaching book says - to build a good solid team you have to start from the back

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
                  Every coaching book says - to build a good solid team you have to start from the back
                  ...then build a solid spine...

Comment

Working...
                  X