Finally a win but did you watch the same game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
    Agree Kev. I didnt think Ipswich did much until after we had scored and I would at least say we look like a top half team
    Agree with both of you. Some miserable #######s will always dig out the negatives instead of enjoying what is a steadily improving team.

Comment

We played well and are improving, i really dont know what some of our fans expect!
      LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Could have buried us. That is hilarious. I think it must have been a different games yes.

Comment

Someones fishing....
          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Ipswich were in the play offs and from what i saw we pretty much battered them. 5 unbeaten now which shows we are making progress and are looking like a team that is very hard to beat. Bring in some fast quality full backs and another quality striker i think we could be dark horses next season.

Comment

Not sure what the OP is really expecting ? No it's not open flowing football but I suggest even if it was he would find something to moan about. We are seeing a team being built and also a team that is difficult to beat....the 2 games we have lost were injury time goals and one was a Rob Green gift. IT was a better display yesterday against a strong play off contender.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                Ipswich were in the play offs and from what i saw we pretty much battered them. 5 unbeaten now which shows we are making progress and are looking like a team that is very hard to beat. Bring in some fast quality full backs and another quality striker i think we could be dark horses next season.
                *With the players we've got
                *stick with a 4.4.2
                *possible strong finish to the end of the season
                *JFH and Co continue to make good signings in the summer transfer window

We should be amoungst the favourites, not dark horses imo mate.
                SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

First half especially we played some really nice football and dominated the game...witnessed by the Ipswich fans cheering their first shot on 41 minutes. As far as Polter is concerned, you just have to accept he's a limited player who simply can't move his body or feet that quickly...but even so has been finding the net regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                    *With the players we've got
                    *stick with a 4.4.2
                    *possible strong finish to the end of the season
                    *JFH and Co continue to make good signings in the summer transfer window

We should be amoungst the favourites, not dark horses imo mate.
                    Im saying dark horses because we will finish mid table, teams like Norwich, Sunderland, Newcastle, Villa maybe coming down. Teams spend quite big in this division now Derby, Boro, Sheff Weds, Burnley for example (9 mil on Gray and 6 on Tarkowski) we won't be doing that so we have to be very shrewd with our signings.

Comment

Originally posted by imforeverqpr View Post
                      A nice win just the boost we needed
                      Conor looks promising
                      Smithicks was solid

However this is my take

We could not string together fluid progressive football
                      Polter absolute rubbish a clumsy ooof reminds me of Nygarrd
                      Predictable always running down left or right wing and crossing
                      At one stage 65mins no one up front when Ips had a corner
                      Ips had 3-4 chances could of burried us where it was 2v2
                      El Jhadi almost gave it away last min
                      No way looking like a top-half team

Heard people saying our best performance so far this season wow lord help us if true
                      Clueless post

Comment

Im saying dark horses because we will finish mid table, teams like Norwich, Sunderland, Newcastle, Villa maybe coming down. Teams spend quite big in this division now Derby, Boro, Sheff Weds, Burnley for example (9 mil on Gray and 6 on Tarkowski) we won't be doing that so we have to be very shrewd with our signings.
                        Yeah see what youre saying fordy, but big name clubs and big name(ish) footballers dont necessarily mean success. Could add preasure if anything, look at us with the 'names'.... got a hungry manager whos puting together a talented bunch of young hungry players. Get them playing well and bonding as a team and we could be very very hard to beat... could do a Bournemouth..
                        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                          Yeah see what youre saying fordy, but big name clubs and big name(ish) footballers dont necessarily mean success. Could add preasure if anything, look at us with the 'names'.... got a hungry manager whos puting together a talented bunch of young hungry players. Get them playing well and bonding as a team and we could be very very hard to beat... could do a Bournemouth..
                          Yep thats what i hope mate, get a real team spirit going and make LR a place where no one wants to come to. The bookies won't see us as one of the favs which is a good thing.

Comment

Yep thats what i hope mate, get a real team spirit going and make LR a place where no one wants to come to. The bookies won't see us as one of the favs which is a good thing.
                            Fingers crossed mate... can honestly see it happening with the way things are shaping up.
                            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
                              The only thing that worried me yesterday was when we scored Nervous gave the ball away needlessly and put us under pressure, other then that we played much better off recent and could and should off won the game by halftime
                              This will be due to all the late goals we have conceded this season. Massive psychological boost for us yesterday in showing we CAN close out a game - hopefully we will now exorcize the memory of all the late cave-ins and start chalking up a few home wins.

Comment

We were one of the favourites for automatic promotion this season,I'm pretty sure most supporters will expect at least the play offs next season

Comment

Working...
                                X