At least we won

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At least we won

Got in at 2.15 this morning. Engineering work on the Southwestern service, I knew it was going to be a crap journey but jeez. Set off an hour early so could see Leicester thump City. A great win from the r's and it was a supposedly 4 and half hours trip home. Waterloo and change at Andover, get the waiting bus that picks up the train again at Gillingham. So far so good. Then it went completely pear shaped. Arrived at Gillingam at 8.30pm. Due to torrential rain the train couldn't go any further then Yeovil. Half past midnight we finally got a taxi to finish the journey.The Romanian driver , not knowing the area, used his sat-nav. He ignores a police sign, Road Closed, due to flooding and gets us stuck in 2 foot of water. We sat in the car for an hour to be rescued. Had to wade into the water to get out safe in the end. Next week I'll be watching us give the Tarquins a seeing to from my local
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Yeah just got home too Lymes but for different reasons. Hope the 3 points was worth it mate.

Comment

Poor old Lymes, at least we won, eh?! What a journey mate. Glad you survived to tell the tale!
      Last edited by Hubble; 07-02-2016, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X