Relegation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relegation

Do some of the so called "realists" still think this will happen?

Originally posted by QPRHoop View Post
    Looking at the table and our performance today, not a chance. I think we could get 8th or 9th if we keep playing well. The playoffs would require too many teams to start dropping points. I did think it was possible back at lowest point but not anymore.

Comment

Not anymore. Recent comings and goings and particularly Smithies form has re-assured me. Hopefully a quiet rest of the season building a team that has genuine spirit.

Comment

I'm sticking my neck out and going to say we only need 4 more points to stay up.

I can't see Rotherham or the bottom two getting more than another 18 points.

Do the maths!

Comment

"realists"
          (said this yesterday) They're anything but "realists" - that gives them far too much credit. "Pessimists" is a much more accurate description.

Comment

I think most realists thought we will finishe mid table since November. The doom and gloomers thought we will be relegated. On flip side, there are still some on here who think we will make playoffs coz they are blind to notice our 'best' players just didn't want to play for us (Austin excluded) and rest of the team are just not good enough to make playoffs.. Mid table is good though, gives us something to build on next season
            'The problem with quotes on the internet is you don't know if they are authentic' - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
              (said this yesterday) Wish we stopped using that adjective - it gives them far too much credit.

"Pessimists" is a much more accurate description.
              I agree Stan, and by the same token, 'happy clappers' for anyone who has got behind JFH and the project is insulting. None of us have been naive for supporting Jimmy and understanding that it's a process, not a procession. We, in fact, have been realists.

Comment

Don't think any 'realists' think tha do they? Only pessimists.

I'd consider myself a realist and never once contemplated going down.

Comment

Isn't it the magic 52? 4 more wins out of 16, if we can't manage that then we deserve relegation. If you had asked me a month ago I'd definitely be say it was a possibility but given the teams we have played this month and the results we've achieved we have definitely turned our season around
                  i supported qpr in the glory days when chris kiwomya and michael ngonge played up front

Comment

Realist or Pessimist

Realist or optimist

Realist or Trolling
                    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Trust me I think the pessimistics calling themselves realists is a joke that's why I said the so called realists. Anyone who thought we would go down after never being within 10 points of the relegation some for ages now is so far from a realist it's not funny. If we ever get to within 5-6 points then fair enough but some we're acting as if it was a certainty when we were 10 points clear and about 6 teams still below us before we even got to 22nd place.

Comment

Only a handful of plums said we would go down, was never ever going to happen.
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                        X