Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=HarefieldFFC;15157

Too many hoorays who come from Surrey, :[/QUOTE]

Not sure whether you`d class these areas as Surrey (or sw London ) ,but a decent chunk of your chaps in the 80s and 90s were from Wallington ,Carshalton ,Mitcham ,Sutton,Cheam etc thats when you had still real support
    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
      Not sure whether you`d class these areas as Surrey (or sw London ) ,but a decent chunk of your chaps in the 80s and 90s were from Wallington ,Carshalton ,Mitcham ,Sutton,Cheam etc thats when you had still real support
      Now it's time for the R's to take over Surrey eh Vespa

'Surrey massive'
      Thank **ck thats all over with !!! need a holiday!!!

Comment

If we play 4-4-2 I reckon we'll flog em.

Washington to score his first in QPR colours.

Rangers 4 (Washington, Holiett, Polter, Luongo) - 0
        Feed The Massimo And He Will Score

Comment

Originally posted by suttonranger View Post
          Now it's time for the R's to take over Surrey eh Vespa

'Surrey massive'
          why stop at Surrey ? I`m after world domination ! ( bit like that Rangers boy on page 9 of yesterdays Currant Bun ! but without the beards !!)

Comment

South West London (and A3 corridor I suppose) is still our highest concentration of support, whereas yours appears to be a bit more local to the original area.

Rangers are quite well represented out where I live (i.e. Greenford/Northolt/Ruislip/Uxbridge), and the make up of your support hasn't been diluted as much by the less passionate newbies from our Premier League days.

I grew up in Chiswick during the 70s, and back then Fulham/QPR would have had a much more earthy feel about it, even though we didn't play each other until the end of that decade. I knew a lot of Rangers fans at school though, and so the 'rivalry' was always there for me.

Personally, I always get an extra buzz for games against you, Chelsea, and even Brentford, as it brings back the memories of old school football atmosphere, and the slight edge that brings to the day.

Luckily, I still know enough like minded Fulham fans to keep the old spirit alive, even though it pains me that ticket sales are slow for such a game

Comment

Originally posted by HarefieldFFC View Post
              South West London (and A3 corridor I suppose) is still our highest concentration of support, whereas yours appears to be a bit more local to the original area.

Rangers are quite well represented out where I live (i.e. Greenford/Northolt/Ruislip/Uxbridge), and the make up of your support hasn't been diluted as much by the less passionate newbies from our Premier League days.

I grew up in Chiswick during the 70s, and back then Fulham/QPR would have had a much more earthy feel about it, even though we didn't play each other until the end of that decade. I knew a lot of Rangers fans at school though, and so the 'rivalry' was always there for me.

Personally, I always get an extra buzz for games against you, Chelsea, and even Brentford, as it brings back the memories of old school football atmosphere, and the slight edge that brings to the day.

Luckily, I still know enough like minded Fulham fans to keep the old spirit alive, even though it pains me that ticket sales are slow for such a game
              I think the problem you have had is you have a whole generation of your support growing up with success I. E promotions, Al fayed money , Euro games and years in the top flight

Now you have gone back to your historic level a lot of your support don't realise this is the norm and seem to have given up

Shame really as my best mate is Fulham and went to a few away days with him back in the 90's and your support was proper and you took decent numbers
              We Are The People.....

Comment

Do we still do that thing whereby the visiting team has to accept and pay for the complete lower tier allocation even if they can't flog them all? I imagine Fulham will sell their tickets okay but be funny if they end up with hundreds of spares they've paid us for.

Comment

How many did we bring to Fulham this season ? hard to tell with neutral stand maybe

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                    How many did we bring to Fulham this season ? hard to tell with neutral stand maybe
                    The Initial allocation was 2900 which we sold then we received an extra 1000, but couldn't tell you how many of them we sold

Comment

Originally posted by gaza09 View Post
                      The Initial allocation was 2900 which we sold then we received an extra 1000, but couldn't tell you how many of them we sold
                      Sold out our allocation and maybe around150-200 in the neutral bit
                      We Are The People.....

Comment

Theres a proper inquest going on FOF site about what an embarrassment it is they cant sell out their allocation !
                        One fella even keeps saying we didnt sell out at their place , when we took all the 4000 allocation possible , ( to be fair though he has been put straight by one of their more sensible posters).

Comment

Theres a proper inquest going on FOF site about what an embarrassment it is they cant sell out their allocation !
                          One fella even keeps saying we didnt sell out at their place , when we took all the 4000 allocation possible , ( to be fair though he has been put straight by one of their more sensible posters).
                          Bottom line this just goes to show what all Rangers fans know, and all Fulham fans try to deny: Rangers are the bigger club.

Comment

WTF would their crowds be if they went back down to the third ?

Back to 4 k probably , glory hunting muppets . Lets make this happen !

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                            Paul Parker :
                            "“He’s managed Fulham but I can say that QPR is 100% a totally different club to Fulham – and he’ll find that.

“Fulham don’t have the same mentality or hardcore of fans as QPR. At Rangers you find loads of fans who were there way before I played there and can tell you everything about that club.

“It’s a proper club – a smaller version of Man United in that sense. Fulham is a different type of club and the QPR way is something I hope Sparky embraces."

Comment

could be Harefield, who pays us a visit twice a season, that's when we are in the same division. There are a fair few on FoF that talk out of their 'arris. Harefield ain't one of them
                              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                              This morning's tempest I have to cross
                              I must be guided without a stumble
                              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                                could be Harefield, who pays us a visit twice a season, that's when we are in the same division. There are a fair few on FoF that talk out of their 'arris. Harefield ain't one of them
                                That bloke Konk on LFW is a top bloke and poster despite being a Fulham fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X