No announcement yet.

Alex Smithies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smithies was a top signing when we got him.

Been highly rated for years and now given his chance he's taking it. Definitely feel we were playing the likes of Sandro, fer and green because of wages.

However I'm fully on board with the changes the club are making after my mid season break down.

Comment

Alex Smithies

I know there's a thread on him already but I'm pissed and don't care lol
      What a keeper. Absolute superhero today, how he pulled off some of those saves I'll never know. Top drawer.
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
        I know there's a thread on him already but I'm pissed and don't care lol
        So you won't mind if I merge them then Ginge?

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
        What a keeper. Absolute superhero today, how he pulled off some of those saves I'll never know. Top drawer.
        Fully agree

Comment

Makes me a bit angry that I've been watching that muppet Green flap all season !

Comment

Smithies is a classy keeper but not motm coz hardly called upon . How Ipswich are too 6 is beyond me, thought massimo was good today along with Washington .the big German done well but needs to up his first touch but saying that he's a grafter. Tozer looked a different player today , think Jimmy gonna do well . We're shaping up and about time, only 11 off the play offs. Rangers for a late push, we always surprise !!
            Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Fantastic yet again, feel a little sorry for Ingram as I cant see him getting into the team anytime soon.

Comment

Absolutely fantastic keeper. Week in, week out he's making crucial, top quality saves.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                  Fantastic yet again, feel a little sorry for Ingram as I cant see him getting into the team anytime soon.
                  It's unusual for a goalkeeper not to get injured at some point, so he will get his chance. Also he is still young.

Comment

Smithies had an excellent game thought he gave the defence confidence, they seem a lot happier to pass the ball back for him to kick than they were Green.

Comment

Now there was a goalie - transferred to West Ham and played exactly the same number of games for them as he played for us - then he retired. One game for England and he said no more - fed up sitting on the bench behind Shilton & Clemence
                      Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                      He could be the new Phil Parkes.

Comment

Parksie - the best ever

Comment

Smithies should be our no 1 for a few years now!

Comment

one of many fine performances yesterday, love the way he commands his area. Took a couple of crosses under pressure brilliantly
                            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                            This morning's tempest I have to cross
                            I must be guided without a stumble
                            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

This is the minimum of what we should have been expecting from a keeper and makes a mockery of all those that defended Green blindly for so long for making saves and saves alone

Smithies makes the saves that Green does plus he can kick, catch and command his box and is decisive!!!! Left his box yesterday when they countered and put the ball out the ground job done imagine Green being asked to sweep up at the back

So much more confident with him in goal and clearly the defence is too

Comment

Smithies is class. Proper shot stopper and good distribution. As Westy says these are basic requirements for a keeper but its refreshing to see

Comment

Working...
                                X