Could we be Boltons last ever game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quaz View Post
    surely would mean only 2 down at the end of the season and 4 up from league 1, or is there another way of doing it?
    Just had a little look to see if there is any history and this happened with Chester City in 2010. When it happened to them, they were officially counted as the 24th placed team in the final table, then two further teams get relegated. So would still be three up from League one yet then how do they replace the missing team. :S

Comment

Originally posted by Hoop-du-Jour View Post
      I wonder if Bolton are subject to any FFP sanctions? Never made sense to me to deduct points or impose heavy financial sanctions on struggling clubs, it's like giving a drowning man a couple of bricks to hold on to on the way down.
      They were but no action was taken because of the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
        All points would be wiped from the record if they disappeared mid season, as if they didn't play any games.
        So we would lose the three points we got from them and if they were going to disappear there would be no point in us playing the second match.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
          So we would lose the three points we got from them and if they were going to disappear there would be no point in us playing the second match.
          I think we would still have to play, otherwise would be penalties for us. What would the turnout be like for their last game? I went to Wimbledons last match at selhurst against Wigan and it was ridiculously small, around a 1000 max. Although of course that was for very different circumstances.

Comment

They never got over relegation. At least we are doing something about it.

Comment

Shows where totally irresponsible management of a club gets you...for all those slagging off Les, it's exactly what he told Tony last season.......that we couldn't carry on spending money like water and had to live within our means, hence the change of strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                They never got over relegation. At least we are doing something about it.
                There problems started when Muamba collapsed at Spurs. They never seemed to recover after that,

Comment

I blame the Murdoch family for most of this. They make and break governments at will and they have ruined the game we all love. As long as they line their pockets everyone else can get f*****. Grubby bunch they are.

Comment

I refuse to buy their papers here in Australia and won't subscribe to Foxtel (the Aussie equivalent of Sky). Wish everyone in the UK would boycott the Sun and Sky.

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
                      I refuse to buy their papers here in Australia and won't subscribe to Foxtel (the Aussie equivalent of Sky). Wish everyone in the UK would boycott the Sun and Sky.
                      Don't think I could boycott the sun as where else would I find out real facts on what's happening in our fine country

Comment

There problems started when Muamba collapsed at Spurs. They never seemed to recover after that,
                        Eh? How about the 22 league games they lost before he collapsed? Only lost 3 after, unluckily went down on the last day and then finished 7th in the Championship the season after.

Problems are nothing to do with Muamba, it is the simple fact of poor budgeting and management of funds.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                          Just had a little look to see if there is any history and this happened with Chester City in 2010. When it happened to them, they were officially counted as the 24th placed team in the final table, then two further teams get relegated. So would still be three up from League one yet then how do they replace the missing team. :S
                          Cheers for the info mate

Comment

What??! Ridiculous comment

Comment

Originally posted by amusant View Post
                              Shows where totally irresponsible management of a club gets you...for all those slagging off Les, it's exactly what he told Tony
                              It wasn't rocket science, anyone with half a brain knew that couldn't continue and many said so on forums like this one. It doesn't in any way alter the fact that Les is doing a job for which he has no form, at a club where the necessity of a DoF is highly debatable, and working with one failed manager to direct another one who has no experience at this level.

Comment

Bolton could go into administration on Monday.

Some interesting background on how they ended up in this situation, and the pitfalls all clubs should avoid: http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footbal...s/news/42068/?

Comment

Working...
                                X