No announcement yet.

Could we be Boltons last ever game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They won't be bailed out IMHO. There's not enough there - without considering the current debt.

Besides. I imagine their fans will rather like the prospect of an AFC Wimbledon situation.

I know if it happened to the Rangers I would.

Comment

My bet is Paddy McGuiness will buy them at the last minute........let the plum see the duff

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        My bet is Paddy McGuiness will buy them at the last minute........let the plum see the duff
        Let the c*ck host the gameshow..

Comment

What happens to the points.. Some teams will have played them once away, some once at home, some twice home and away

Comment

Makes you sick the amount of money swilling around in the game these days yet a club like Bolton can be in this state. Thanks to our board that could have been us if they weren't willing to clear the debt they made themselves. Is this bad luck or bad management though. Makes you sick that there are players earning so much money and not really willing to EARN it and yet a whole community and it's football club including it's normal employees who are on normal everyday wages will be out of a job because the mighty footballer must earn a fortune.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
              What happens to the points.. Some teams will have played them once away, some once at home, some twice home and away
              All points would be wiped from the record if they disappeared mid season, as if they didn't play any games.

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                It is shocking that they can't be helped out until at least the end of season by the FA
                I really feel sorry for the fans of the club, but why should the FA bail them, or anyone else, out for their #### poor club financial management?

It would set a very dangerous precedent if they did because others would probably take more gambles with money they can't afford, thinking not to worry, the FA will bail us out if the worst happens.

We all know football finances are ridiculous these days, but Bolton have been in and around the premier league cash cow for enough years to have not gotten themselves in this situation.

Harsh maybe, but true.

Comment

And meanwhile West Ham a club already getting millions £££ from Premier League TV money are about to get a stadium virtually free of charge from us taxpayers...

Comment

Originally posted by dpmd View Post
                    And meanwhile West Ham a club already getting millions £££ from Premier League TV money are about to get a stadium virtually free of charge from us taxpayers...
                    Makes you sick doesn't it

Comment

I hope we're not Bolton's last game.

Comment

Originally posted by dpmd View Post
                        What, £2m a week?

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                          I really feel sorry for the fans of the club, but why should the FA bail them, or anyone else, out for their #### poor club financial management?

It would set a very dangerous precedent if they did because others would probably take more gambles with money they can't afford, thinking not to worry, the FA will bail us out if the worst happens.

We all know football finances are ridiculous these days, but Bolton have been in and around the premier league cash cow for enough years to have not gotten themselves in this situation.

Harsh maybe, but true.
                          that's why FFP came in, to minimize it

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
                            that's why FFP came in, to minimize it
                            I wonder if Bolton are subject to any FFP sanctions? Never made sense to me to deduct points or impose heavy financial sanctions on struggling clubs, it's like giving a drowning man a couple of bricks to hold on to on the way down.

Comment

We might finds ourselves in the same situation one day if these clowns at the helm have anything to do with it
                              You Rsssssss

Comment

surely would mean only 2 down at the end of the season and 4 up from league 1, or is there another way of doing it?

Comment

Working...
                                X