X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isla at RM and Simpson at RB would have been decent

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
      Used mainly at left back when he was here, if I remember correctly.

Playing in his correct position at Palace, CB.
      Tha´ts true! Nickname: HMS Delaney
      Last edited by Shania; 03-02-2016, 06:37 PM.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by A Man Without A Clue View Post
        should be in prison tbf .
        So true.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Puncheon too...that was Warnocks fault though
          "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

What is it with us

Is it just us on here or does it happen as regularly elsewhere that good players just don't seem to perform? Until they go elsewhere, that is. There's been so many threads almost continually in recent months and years about any number. Parejo, Simpson, Delaney, Puncheon, Nbia, Routledge, and plenty more. Perhaps saying they didn't perform is harsh, but they've done so much better when they've moved on in so many cases. FWIW, I think being paid too much at our shambles of a club probably hasn't helped them respect the club or fans. Some resented not being given a fair crack no doubt (Puncheon?) others were sick of being played out of position , some didn't respect the manager (who in ttheir right mind would respect con manager Redcrap?). But there's 3 or 4 things I hope we concentrate on now. Talented young players determined to prove something, having a coach or coaches these players look up to, not paying crazy wages, and play players in their preferred position or don't play them at all! Even if that means a few years in the Championship we should then get our credibility as a good honest outfit back.

Comment

Is Simpson playing for Leicester?

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                Is Simpson playing for Leicester?
                Every game.

Comment

The point of the thread is, why don't we seem to be able to get the best out of players that we sign?

Is it coaching, training facilities, or are we an easy touch and pay too much for casual soft effort. Lower basic and bigger win bonuses might be the answer. Will be interesting to see how Fer does at swans to prove the point.

Comment

I thought Routledge and Simpson did alright for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerryhatrick View Post
                      The point of the thread is, why don't we seem to be able to get the best out of players that we sign?

Is it coaching, training facilities, or are we an easy touch and pay too much for casual soft effort. Lower basic and bigger win bonuses might be the answer. Will be interesting to see how Fer does at swans to prove the point.
                      he played ok for us, wouldn't have said he wasn't good enough and like most, i was surprised when he was moved on. he's been much the same for leicester, and to be fair, i don't think he's going to be in the running for their player of the season award.

not sure you could infer anything from simpson's post qpr career just as i don't think comparing fatty taarabt's one decent season (which was with us) to the dross he's served up at spuds, foolham, milan or benfica. plenty of players leave clubs and become better or worse players somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post
                        he played ok for us, wouldn't have said he wasn't good enough and like most, i was surprised when he was moved on. he's been much the same for leicester, and to be fair, i don't think he's going to be in the running for their player of the season award.

not sure you could infer anything from simpson's post qpr career just as i don't think comparing fatty taarabt's one decent season (which was with us) to the dross he's served up at spuds, foolham, milan or benfica. plenty of players leave clubs and become better or worse players somewhere else.
                        Fair point.

Another is Leigertwood. hero worshipped at Reading after he left us. With him it was probably a confidence issue after being criticised by our own fans.

Is there too much pressure on players by fans and owners for us to get back to the success of the '70s?

Comment

Stephane Mbia was in UEFA Cup final being on loan from us.
                          'The problem with quotes on the internet is you don't know if they are authentic' - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by qprvoyager10 View Post
                            Stephane Mbia was in UEFA Cup final being on loan from us.
                            QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

See in the press that the premiership leaders are giving him a new deal. Well done Harry.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerryhatrick View Post
                                Sitting on the top of the prem.

Do they improve after they leave us, or do we just destroy talent while they're with us?
                                Examples, Routledge, legsofwood, and now Simpson.
                                There was nothing wrong with him whilst he was at QPR. In fact he was a solid performer in the Championship.
                                The problem was Redkrapp wanted to use wing backs and signed Isla only to change plans after selling Simpson and being stuck without a proper right back.
                                Last edited by stanistheman; 09-02-2016, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X