MK Dons Away.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MK Dons Away.

Trains cheap as chips for this one. Just booked 4 of us on the 11:46 out of Euston (only 35mins on the rattler), return was £10.50 each.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
    Trains cheap as chips for this one. Just booked 4 of us on the 11:46 out of Euston (only 35mins on the rattler), return was £10.50 each.
    Cheers matty, about six off us getting train up there but will probably leave a lot earlier than 11.46
    You Rsssssss

Comment

Gonna miss this one Matty, on a ww2 tour in Normandy . Think the 8 bells is the pub to go beforehand
      Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Does anyone know how to get from the station to the ground?

Comment

Blinding Harry, nice early! We will likely grab a swift 1 by Euston before the train hopefully.

Nice 1 van not been to MK before tbf so no idea about boozers aroud there.

nano, it's a few miles I thin so can't walk it. About a tenner in a taxi from station to the ground I think.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            Blinding Harry, nice early! We will likely grab a swift 1 by Euston before the train hopefully.

Nice 1 van not been to MK before tbf so no idea about boozers aroud there.

nano, it's a few miles I thin so can't walk it. About a tenner in a taxi from station to the ground I think.
            Get off at Bletchley and head to the 8 bells which is just around the corner from the station

We walked to the ground last time took about 25 mins from the 8 bells
            We Are The People.....

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
              Walked it from Bletchley in the cup a few years back,25 mins and we just followed all the other rangers from the station.im sure there was a little social club just on the walk from the station but it was rammed and the boozer under the bridge was shut by the old bill so went straight to the ground.not going on the rattler this time booked into the premier inn by mk bowl for just £45 for the night.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
                Get off at Bletchley and head to the 8 bells which is just around the corner from the station

We walked to the ground last time took about 25 mins from the 8 bells
                Depends what train you are on though as I don't think the fast ones stop at Bletchley.
                If you do go Bletchley then it's 25mins walk, but there's only 1 boozer on the way and it's a dive!!

Depending on what time you plan to arrive I would get off at MK Central, then on exiting the station just walk straight up from there for a few minutes and there's a Wetherspoons.
                Will save ya about £1-£1.50 per pint in there for every drink compared to drinking in Bletchley.
                Ring a local cab to pick ya up and drop ya down to the Stadium, will be about £6.

After the game it's a nightmare if driving or getting a cab, so unless you are in a rush to get back then when exiting the stadium there's a Nandos, Frankie n Bennies, TGI's and a couple of others.
                Go into TGI's for 40mins and have a couple of pints then can easily ring same cab firm to pick ya up and get back to MK Central.

Numbers of taxis I would recommend are Speedline on 01908 260260 first then Skyline on 01908 222111 if no joy.
                Really wouldn't bother going to Bletchley Station to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester Mark View Post
                  Walked it from Bletchley in the cup a few years back,25 mins and we just followed all the other rangers from the station.im sure there was a little social club just on the walk from the station but it was rammed and the boozer under the bridge was shut by the old bill so went straight to the ground.not going on the rattler this time booked into the premier inn by mk bowl for just £45 for the night.
                  Can't go wrong with that mate, the Premier Inn is joined to the same building as the Hungry Horse chain of pub.
                  Cheap grub, and cheap drink.
                  If you wanted to venture out into the City at night a cab would only set ya back £4 max.
                  Personally would just stay in the Pub where you are staying and get ratted all night on the cheap!!

Comment

If anyone else planning on staying up overnight, I would suggest The #### Hotel in Stony Stratford.
                    10mins in taxi, cost ya about £7.
                    Room for 2 Adults is about £60 but gets booked up quick.
                    Stony Stratford a great place to stay overnight, 6 pubs all within a few minutes walk from each other.
                    Can't go wrong with eating either as 4 curry houses, Thai Restaurant and couple of Chinese Restaurants.
                    Great Pub Crawl can be had here.

Comment

Co.ck Hotel

Comment

Gentlemen, you couldn't ask for better directions than that!

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                          Shuttle bus from station to ground on match days. Only a few quid.

Comment

The full allocation is around 6,000 in the away end. Reckon we could take that many? It's only 30/40 mins on a train from Euston.

Would be a great day out if we could. We would probably have more fans than them!

Comment

I like their ground, decent as new stadiums go

Last time I went, Asda next door was full of R's getting something to eat and loads shouting You R's in the queue
                              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
                              X